2022 PRO Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Karvalo wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:57 pm

And the Reserve's are on it.

I like the shoes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:23 pm
Karvalo wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:57 pm
And the Reserve's are on it.
I like the shoes.
TIME's new urban range? 😜

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Surprised not to see comments on the World Cup CX at Hulst. MVP started from the 4th row, made it to the front of the race in half a lap, crashed over the bars, fell back to seventh, worked his way back to the front, and rode away from the field and won. Another ordinary day for MVP. Made up a lot ground riding lines that other simply couldn't or wouldn't.

Perhaps more interesting was Pidcock folding up his rear wheel with half a lap to go. The crash was mostly hidden from the camera. He seemed to lose control and then crash. The obvious assumption is he cracked the rim on a cement edge at the bottom of a hill, it then folded sending him to the ground. Odd to see. Watched nearly every cross race over the last 5 years and though you might expect it, just haven't seen many if any wheels fold up. And Pidcock is about as small as they come. Wonder what wheel brand.

For the ladies, Pieterse and Van Empel were fantastic on the technical stuff. Van Empel took some crazy aggressive lines that most of the men didn't dare. She ultimately fell apart but still lots of great riding. Pieterse was steadier and made few errors. I think this course is a clear rival to Namur for technical challenge.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Mr.Gib wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:02 pm
Surprised not to see comments on the World Cup CX at Hulst. MVP started from the 4th row, made it to the front of the race in half a lap, crashed over the bars, fell back to seventh, worked his way back to the front, and rode away from the field and won. Another ordinary day for MVP. Made up a lot ground riding lines that other simply couldn't or wouldn't.

Perhaps more interesting was Pidcock folding up his rear wheel with half a lap to go. The crash was mostly hidden from the camera. He seemed to lose control and then crash. The obvious assumption is he cracked the rim on a cement edge at the bottom of a hill, it then folded sending him to the ground. Odd to see. Watched nearly every cross race over the last 5 years and though you might expect it, just haven't seen many if any wheels fold up. And Pidcock is about as small as they come. Wonder what wheel brand.

For the ladies, Pieterse and Van Empel were fantastic on the technical stuff. Van Empel took some crazy aggressive lines that most of the men didn't dare. She ultimately fell apart but still lots of great riding. Pieterse was steadier and made few errors. I think this course is a clear rival to Namur for technical challenge.

He is just insane mvdp. Love him.

Both him and pidcock were on dura ace c36's.

BenSiskri

by BenSiskri

Mr.Gib wrote:
I think they're both are challenging the other women to up their game technically; it's no good just having a big engine, you need the skills as well. Which is what it should be - after all, it's an off-road discipline. Burquier can probably rival them for skills, but hasn't quite got the engine yet, but usually beats Pieterse on the MTB.
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

BenSiskri wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:37 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
I think they're both are challenging the other women to up their game technically; it's no good just having a big engine, you need the skills as well. Which is what it should be - after all, it's an off-road discipline. Burquier can probably rival them for skills, but hasn't quite got the engine yet, but usually beats Pieterse on the MTB.
Yes, I noticed Burguier was handling the tech bits really well. The thing that is also startling is how incredibly powerful these ladies are. To acquire that kind of strength at their age is impressive. And these three are skinny flyweights to boot. Next few years of cross will be great. And can Van Empel win grand tours on the road?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

stoney

by stoney

MvdP! The king is back!

EdWiser

by EdWiser

Till Wout shows up.

MilesG813

by MilesG813

EdWiser wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:49 pm
Till Wout shows up. Image
December 4th is their first meeting this season I believe.
2022 Specialized S-Works SL7 I Ultegra R8170 I Princeton Carbonworks 6560
2012 Cannondale CAAD 10 I 105 R5700 I Zipp 404s

jcrr

by jcrr

MilesG813 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:57 pm
EdWiser wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:49 pm
Till Wout shows up. Image
December 4th is their first meeting this season I believe.
That's right! I thought it was 11/27, but it is 12/4 in Antwerpen. I hope van der Haar and Sweeck also elevate their game for more excitement.

As far as the ladies, I wonder how Kata Vas and PFP would have fared at Hulst, both with great mtb skills. Puck was phenomenal, tho. Does anyone have an update on Anne Marie Worst's knee? I bet Fem can hardly wait to move to Jumbo-Visma.

Speaking of which, are there any rumors of other notable cx transfers/moves?
"If it ain't broken, it could be lighter"

flying

by flying

jcrr wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:13 pm

That's right! I thought it was 11/27, but it is 12/4 in Antwerpen.
So did I & was surprised to see his changed calendar
But yes really looking forward to the clash of the titans

Stendhal

by Stendhal

Terrible news -- newly retired Davide Rebellin was killed in a collision with a hit and run truck in his native Italy.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

maquisard

by maquisard

Horrible news, I am lost for words.

This happens too often. Scarponi, Anker Sørensen and now Rebellin.

So very very sad.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

UCI set minimum bar width at 350mm.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-uc ... andlebars/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:10 pm
UCI set minimum bar width at 350mm.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-uc ... andlebars/
Kind of indifferent on this since most riders will want at least 35cm at the drops and nothing prohibits a, say, 32cm bar at the hoods with flared and bladed drops that aren’t even taped.

Also will a rider like Kaia Schmid be eligible for a morphological exception because she’s around 4’9”?