good cost-performance bibs suggestions?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kervelo

by kervelo

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:48 am
I agree with that assos stuff.. Honestly save up some cash for a little while longer and grab something from last season..
Agree. Check out the Assos Outlet too: https://www.assosoutlet.com/eu/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bmCube

by bmCube

Bioracer spitfire. I buy them between 50 and 70 euro

ico

by ico

I agree on Assos, especially RS Series. I always buy them on discount.

Robius

by Robius

raisinberry777 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:43 am
DHB is the Wiggle store brand so only available on shops owned by that company (Wiggle, CRC, bike24)
Wiggle no longer owns bike24. They sold it back.
2016 Felt AR2 Di2
Retired:
2017 Giant TCR Pro 2
2015 Cannondale Synapse 6

Rishie

by Rishie

Lusso cycling make some very good stuff that has an excellent chamois, great little touches and a VERY competitive price. I have a couple of pairs of the Carbon bib shorts that have been through a lot and just refuse to die!

https://www.lusso.bike/products/perfor ... bib-shorts

matcav

by matcav

Robius wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:42 pm
raisinberry777 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:43 am
DHB is the Wiggle store brand so only available on shops owned by that company (Wiggle, CRC, bike24)
Wiggle no longer owns bike24. They sold it back.
Moreover, Wiggle/crc has been acquired by SignaSports (Probikeshop, bikester, etc)

StanK

by StanK

50-80 euros, only on sales otherways - no chance. For me, at least.
In the past few years price are gone almost double up, so... now, for full price, below 100 is hard to find anything decent for couple hours in the saddle.
Btw. I have good run with EKOI, and most of the year they have some type of price reduction. When I went shopping, it was my first place to look at. And not only for bibs.

kode54

by kode54

Didn't look like anyone mentioned The Black Bibs...

https://theblackbibs.com

Although I haven't tried any shorts, I have a pair of knickers from them. Bought them when I couldn't get any knickers for the fall season. Does the job but for longer rides, I still like Assos and Maap, both of which you can get on discount but even at that, more than the Black Bibs.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

cberg

by cberg

I usually buy MAAP bibs using the vouchers from their Strava challenges that are available pretty often

darrydonds

by darrydonds

I've tried many mid to low tier brands/models (from entry-level Assos bib to Probikekit). And I prefer Castelli. I know, it's very mainstream -- it doesn't project the image of "exclusivity". But their Progetto X2 Air pad, which has no crease or stitching whatsoever, works best for me. Also, since Castelli are sold pretty much everywhere, it's much easier to find them on sale. A top-end Castelli on sale is often half the price of a discounted Assos (based on where I live). I'll eventually try other brands such dhb and even MAAP, Rapha and high-end Assos but I doubt they'll beat "on-sale Castelli" in terms of value.

dastott

by dastott

Le Col bibs are good too, often with decent discounts if you complete their Strava challenges. About $60 a pair then.

RadB

by RadB

Wait for Castelli to go on sale when they clear out old team branded kit, and swoop. Black Friday deals coming up is an obvious opportunity to buy the next year's worth of kit at ~50% off.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

I can absolutely recommend the dhb Aeron Bib Shorts 2.0. I grab them whenever Wiggle has a sale. In terms of value nothing comes close but these days they are truly one of my favorite bibs regardless of pricing. In fact you can get them right now since Wiggle's Black Friday sale has already started.

Other than that I also agree that Castelli's Progetto X2 pad is fantastic. The Castelli Endurance 3 is one of the most affordable options with that pad. Highly recommended.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

Lina

by Lina

kode54 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:34 am
Didn't look like anyone mentioned The Black Bibs...

https://theblackbibs.com

Although I haven't tried any shorts, I have a pair of knickers from them. Bought them when I couldn't get any knickers for the fall season. Does the job but for longer rides, I still like Assos and Maap, both of which you can get on discount but even at that, more than the Black Bibs.
Because they're awful quality.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com