good cost-performance bibs suggestions?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tireheb

by tireheb

so after some years of using generic chinese bibs, i just know theres better stuff and my bottoms need it.
so what brands would you suggest?
i dont care about looks (well a lot are just black bibs right?) but good performance with the less money possible. will somethig like 80usd/euro be enough? maybe theres good stuff for 50? im ignorant here,please guide me. thanks

im a small narrow rider (usually S or XS) , located in spain (dont think that matters).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WouldLikeToBeLighter

by WouldLikeToBeLighter

Personally I really like Bioracer Spitfire bibs, they are inexpensive and I get on well with them. I previously used to solely use Assos bibs but find these as comfy although they might not last quite as long. At less than half the price I don't mind that.

mathieurrr

by mathieurrr

On the value side I've really liked Red White (The Entry Bib) as well as buying some DHB Aeron bibs when they are on sale for 50% off (like now). I'd place both of those above the Rion and Spexcel bibs i've bought on Alixpress.

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

I'd vote for the Sportful Classic bib shorts. These used to be called the BodyFit Classic, nice short, good compression with a simple but comfortable pad. Since you are in Spain you can likely get them quite cheap from BikeInn/TradeInn. For example Probikekit has them for $75 USD ($95 CAD).

Mocs123

by Mocs123

Bibs can be very personal so it's hard to say what works best for you. I tend to look for sales - and prefer a desnse chamois - so I like La Passione bibs, that can be found around $100USD twice a year or so.

There is a guy in my club that wears Red White bibs and they are pretty affordable. He wears a lot of really high end jersey's and isn't limited by price on bibs and those are still his choice.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

C36

by C36

Is you want the « best » pad, the Elastic Interface Peloton hybrid, I think the best option from a price stand point is Virklon (Spanish brand).

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

Try Society Cycling or the Giordana FRC Pro (I got a pair from this ebay user in the UK)

https://www.societycycling.com/collections/bib-shorts

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/30467360465 ... R9rdm7eDYQ
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

Cannoli

by Cannoli

Merlin Cycles has a great sale on Castelli bibs. Lordgun is also having a huge sale on fall/winter gear.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

tireheb

by tireheb

thanks guys, you are life savers, im going through the info posted right now

mathieurrr wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:49 pm
On the value side I've really liked Red White (The Entry Bib) as well as buying some DHB Aeron bibs when they are on sale for 50% off (like now). I'd place both of those above the Rion and Spexcel bibs i've bought on Alixpress.
thanks, where do you usually shop for em?(the DHB aeron); wiggle, chainreaction? or some other site?

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

DHB is the Wiggle store brand so only available on shops owned by that company (Wiggle, CRC, bike24)

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

It might be counterintuitive, but more expensive bibs might end up costing you less in the long run because, at least in the case of the Assos bibs I use, they will last longer than cheap ones. And in that time, you will get to use a higher quality bib, so it's a win-win.

I have Assos bibs that have are pushing on to four years old that see use 2-3 times per week that still look and feel great.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

There are tons of opportunities to buy Assos, Castelli , Rapha etc as heavily discounted prices. These will be far nicer than the home brand choices and probably last longer too.

req110

by req110

assos equipe rs for around 160 eur. Nothing beats that.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I agree with that assos stuff.. Honestly save up some cash for a little while longer and grab something from last season..

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

warthog101

by warthog101

Dhb aeron and aeron lab are good. They have a good chamois. Leg grippers work well.
Very comfy for me and great price if on special.
They size large compared to Italian bibs.
I am 184cm and 76kg
Size M is a good fit.