Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

m3bas

by m3bas

Really? I assumed they would be stiffer.

markdjr

by markdjr

meditationride wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm
Ah, I thought I was going nuts over the clicking 4~6th cog. Ultegra12 here, RD adjustments via shimano app helped a little. It's odd that it's intermittent
I think there may be some issues with the 1st batches of 12spd cassettes. I've seen other reports of clicking around the middle of the cassette resolved with a new cassette. Should be able to warranty the clicking cassette.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

markdjr

by markdjr

tmrace wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:32 pm
Has anyone pushed the limits yet on the max cassette size that will work with the new Ultegra/DA rear derailleur?

With cyclocross coming I'm debating using a 12sp Ultegra RD in a 1x setup, but I'm not sure what the maximum cassette size I could run would be?
With a longer b screw I was able to clear a 10-45. Shifting was still decent.

spartan

by spartan

ohhh shimano first review of the power meter. ok only good news it is quite light 684gm . crzy. the pm version is lighter than the std version.
the bad news. still crap as a power meter.

https://youtu.be/2xuAPFWL6LM?t=195
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

gplama

by gplama

spartan wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:33 pm
ohhh shimano first review of the power meter.
RoadCC reviewed it back in October 2021. They also had similar issues with the right readings resulting in lower power overall. Their analisys didn't address what their graphs show. It was similar to the issues I encountered. They gave it a 9/10. I'm writing this meter off.

I'd also published some initial data on a R9200-P in November. It was a seaming pile of shit back then. It's a lot better now in some areas. Some.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

gplama wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:16 am
spartan wrote:
RoadCC reviewed it back in October 2021. They also had similar issues with the right readings resulting in lower power overall. Their analisys didn't address what their graphs show. It was similar to the issues I encountered. They gave it a 9/10. I'm writing this meter off.

I'd also published some initial data on a R9200-P in November. It was a seaming pile of shit back then. It's a lot better now in some areas. Some.
Is there a powermeter that uses strain gauges glued to the crank arms that you've found to be accurate, and dependably so?

It seems that spider based powermeters or powermeter pedals are the way to go.

henau212

by henau212

gplama wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:16 am
spartan wrote:

Love the detailed work you do. Kinda hard to believe that they still can't get that thing to work accurately. But now I understand why they are not giving you guys review units... and I hope you get your 2k back 🤑

gplama

by gplama

henau212 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:15 am
But now I understand why they are not giving you guys review units... and I hope you get your 2k back 🤑
Oh, they send out review units. They won't offer me any review units.

I'll attempt to return the 9200-P this week. It's not within spec. I honestly wanted the meter to work as per spec. It clearly doesn't.

gplama

by gplama

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:28 am
Is there a powermeter that uses strain gauges glued to the crank arms that you've found to be accurate, and dependably so?
Most left only stick-on gauge meters are fine (for what they measure), putting aside single vs dual. iirc the dual 4iiii Podiiiium on the FSA SLK crank I tested a few years ago was pretty good.

Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

Can anyone advise on what the verdict is on the new brake calliper clearance compared to 9170?

I just got a Factor Ostro built up on a 9170 groupset and already running into rubbing issues. Wondering if it's worth upgrading the callipers for the extra brake clearance?

ooo

by ooo

Try brake mount facing first
'

RDY

by RDY

Cubist wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:53 pm
Unfortunately my shifting experience is not good at all so far. I ride a Wilier Filante SLR

- always trouble in the rear between 5th and 6th cog. No matter what trimming settings. Experimented with the B screw. This hasn’t made any difference. I do use Kogel Ceramic aftermarket derailleur pulleys in stock cage and a aftermarket Sigeyi direct mount derailleur hanger. Have to check still if going back to stock solves the problem.

- Front derailleur on one ride started acting very strange. Threw the chain way off the big chainring causing scratches on my brand new DA crankset. Limit settings were properly dialed. Connected to the E-TUBE app when I got home and the problem disappeared. Really strange. This was not physically possible when still on physical limiting screws.

- Shifters rattle

- Lever throw is big

As much as I would like to love this groupset it is way more unreliable than my 5 times cheaper Ultegra R8000 mechanical group set..
Most of your issues are typical of Shimano 12s Di2. However I've seen relatively few people comment on shifter rattle. My DA 9270 brifters flex, rattle and creak horribly. They feel like they're cheap no-brand AliExpress toys. And just to clarify, it's the hood bodies not the levers that are the issue.

How many others?

milanv

by milanv

Conradsleight wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:02 pm
Can anyone advise on what the verdict is on the new brake calliper clearance compared to 9170?

I just got a Factor Ostro built up on a 9170 groupset and already running into rubbing issues. Wondering if it's worth upgrading the callipers for the extra brake clearance?
It was said many many times here - it is great, several posts above e. g..

Yes, I can compare with Dura-Ace 9170, Ultegra 8070, I have new 12 speed calipers in two bikes.
----
+ viewtopic.php?t=170626

markdjr

by markdjr

RDY wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:49 pm
Cubist wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:53 pm
Unfortunately my shifting experience is not good at all so far. I ride a Wilier Filante SLR

- always trouble in the rear between 5th and 6th cog. No matter what trimming settings. Experimented with the B screw. This hasn’t made any difference. I do use Kogel Ceramic aftermarket derailleur pulleys in stock cage and a aftermarket Sigeyi direct mount derailleur hanger. Have to check still if going back to stock solves the problem.

- Front derailleur on one ride started acting very strange. Threw the chain way off the big chainring causing scratches on my brand new DA crankset. Limit settings were properly dialed. Connected to the E-TUBE app when I got home and the problem disappeared. Really strange. This was not physically possible when still on physical limiting screws.

- Shifters rattle

- Lever throw is big

As much as I would like to love this groupset it is way more unreliable than my 5 times cheaper Ultegra R8000 mechanical group set..
Most of your issues are typical of Shimano 12s Di2. However I've seen relatively few people comment on shifter rattle. My DA 9270 brifters flex, rattle and creak horribly. They feel like they're cheap no-brand AliExpress toys. And just to clarify, it's the hood bodies not the levers that are the issue.

How many others?

There is nothing typical about this description. There is a known issue with some of the 1st batches of cassettes. The front derailleur, when setup properly, is incredible. By far the best FD ever. Lever throw is adjustable. I've never seen one rattle.

I've lost track of the number of Shimano 12spd groups that have left our shop, the only issue is the bad batch of cassettes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

markdjr wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:00 pm
I've lost track of the number of Shimano 12spd groups that have left our shop, the only issue is the bad batch of cassettes.
What cassette issue are you referring to? The fifth cog clicking noise? Was it on both the 9200 and 8100 or just one particular model?