2022 new xc frames?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

andrewbn42

by andrewbn42

It looks like there will be a new canyon lux, and the intense sniper has been around for a while now. Any news on new xc bikes launching this year, or potential upcoming models that I’ve missed?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prebsy

by prebsy

I think most companies focused new bikes on the olympics year. What's the new lux? They released the trail edition (kind of a joke). I had one last year and it was very old school, which I loved for local trails. I have a sniper now... STa is outdated but even 4 years later the rest of the geo is dialed. People love the Oiz but the reach numbers really need a refresh.

andrewbn42

by andrewbn42

There have been spy shots of the lux, indicating a remake.
https://www.bikeperfect.com/news/spy-sh ... -cape-epic

The sniper has been around a while,(4 years I think?) and if the sniper trail had the seat angle of the normal sniper, clearance for a 36 chainring, and a threaded BB I would have one already. I’m really just hoping that someone makes the exact bike I’m looking for, but given how long the list of desires is that is fairly unlikely.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I know absolutely nothing about mountain bikes, but I wouldn't be super surprised to see a new Shimano XTR in the near future, which might mean a few new launches.

Also, I am looking at a potential new Specialized Epic hardtail and Spesh would love to tell us about how it's the lightest ever and how much they have learned from
The Aethos and Crux...
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Yeah XTR 9050 was released in 2015 I think so is due an upgrade, probably to semi-wireless like di2.
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

robbosmans

by robbosmans

But where do you store the battery?

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I guess same place you store it now. Not a great improvement but I think if Shimano we're going to go full wireless in the near term (under 3yrs) they would have done so for DA. That said XTR has been the pioneer for new tech in the past
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Seatpost wont work because droppers so I guess steerer is the only option

jrod88

by jrod88

I still want to get hands on the new Scalpel HT. Might be 2023 though.

I'd like to see batteries integrated insinde the down tube with a waterproof charging port near the BB. Think of a cross between Trek's storage and the new Synapse and the port below the bottom bottle case boss.
Allez Sprint
SS EVO SE

zscs

by zscs

By the way, for Cannondale bikes like the Scalpel HT, does it still utilize the AI rear wheel offset thing?
This: https://support.cannondale.com/hc/en-us ... tegration-

My XC bike is 6+ years old now and I'm also searching for its successor. A 2022 Scalpel HT would be really nice option, however my concern is that, I cannot swap the rear wheels with my other MTB bike (that's a trail bike but I used to destroy rear wheels, so a spare option is always welcome :D ).

Thinking of buying an Orbea Alma M Pro but the dealer says 2023 February as delivery date. This one: https://www.orbea.com/hu-en/bicycles/mo ... alma-m-pro
Now I'm getting more and more convinced about Specialized. I could have an Epic HT Expert in mid/end of August it seems. https://www.specialized.com/hu/en/epic- ... 563-199664

stoney

by stoney

You can't go wrong with an Epic hardtail. It's a great bike.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

zscs wrote:By the way, for Cannondale bikes like the Scalpel HT, does it still utilize the AI rear wheel offset thing?
I thought they got rid of it on this version, not 100% sure though

Karvalo

by Karvalo

zscs wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:54 am
By the way, for Cannondale bikes like the Scalpel HT, does it still utilize the AI rear wheel offset thing?
This: https://support.cannondale.com/hc/en-us ... tegration-

My XC bike is 6+ years old now and I'm also searching for its successor. A 2022 Scalpel HT would be really nice option, however my concern is that, I cannot swap the rear wheels with my other MTB bike (that's a trail bike but I used to destroy rear wheels, so a spare option is always welcome :D ).
The Scalpel HT has dropped Ai offset and gone to regular Boost 148. All of their other carbon MTBs still use it.

req110

by req110

The fact that Scalpel HT does not have AI, made me NOT purchase Scalpel Full, because it indicates, that AI will be ditched from there as well, making Scalpel with it's AI obsolete.

But keep in mind, that new Scalpel HT, and bikes like Spark 2022 uses the 55mm Chainline.

That 55mm chainline of Spark RC 2022 made me unable to use XX1 Quarq DUB crankset from my Epic. That has 52mm chainline. There is no 55mm chainline XX1 AXS Quarq crankset on the market yet. Only non-power meter version of this crankset.

It's possible to use that with workaround using crank spacers + pedal spacers on one side. I am not a fan of it.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Attermann

by Attermann

can't you just change the chainring to a 0 offset instead of 3? that will give you a 55 chainline.