new frame rumors for 2023?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Maddie

by Maddie

It did, but will be reborn for sure. But it will not be called Re-Venge because 2nd and 3rd generation already had that name.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tmrace

by tmrace

Maddie wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:54 pm
It did, but will be reborn for sure. But it will not be called Re-Venge because 2nd and 3rd generation already had that name.
Awhile ago I saw somewhere that specialized was testing a bike either named, or code named, the "Vaunt" as a replacement for the Venge.

mgrl

by mgrl

That was multiple years ago at this point, before the aethos came out. Entirely possible it was just an alternative name in case they couldn't fix the legal issues with aethos

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Madone looks like the most obvious one to me from the big guns.
Cervelo S5 maybe (although I still think it looks modern).
SystemSix would definitely be another one. Don't see them go SL7 with it, as that's what the SuperSix already is, right?

I'd love to see something mega aero. We have now had all the lightness.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

scottydonald

by scottydonald

I am just hoping for a new Cervelo s5!!!

sam95

by sam95

mgrl wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:26 am
That was multiple years ago at this point, before the aethos came out. Entirely possible it was just an alternative name in case they couldn't fix the legal issues with aethos
I dont think so. The aethos in the UCI list has one framesize less listed than the vaunt which dissapeared from the list. I think if the "vaunt" was just a different name for the Aethos there should have been at least the same number of frame sizes listed

zappafile123

by zappafile123

chiltonp wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:55 pm
I'm currently riding an S-wroks SL6 (rim brake) and i'm looking to upgrade to an SL7 or Addcit RC. Do we expect a new SL8, Addict RC, and Canyon Ultimate this year, (among others). Would it be wise to wait until new models start to appear or given all the supply chain issues do you expect delays in new models?
Keep the SL6. Its as good, and arguably better than the SL7 (becuase its more comfortable). SL6 is basically one of the best rim brake frames ever made so... an 'upgrade' basically doesnt exist at thie point in time. There are other frames that are close or more or less as good (in the alrounder category). But its not worth the ridiculous price tag of an SL7 for the sideways movement.

I regret selling my SL6
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Hexsense

by Hexsense

zappafile123 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:47 am
Keep the SL6. Its as good, and arguably better than the SL7 (becuase its more comfortable). SL6 is basically one of the best rim brake frames ever made so... an 'upgrade' basically doesnt exist at thie point in time. There are other frames that are close or more or less as good (in the alrounder category). But its not worth the ridiculous price tag of an SL7 for the sideways movement.
Yeah, SL7 doesn't out-shadow SL6 in every ways.
Overall it is faster though it is heavier and less comfy.
So, it's an upgrade for those seek speed and look of more aero bike with cable integration. But a downgrade for total weight-weenies or anyone who seek the most comfort from an all round bike.

That said, I think frame compliance isn't just comfort. When I experiment a stiff aero frame vs Cannondale Supersix (another all round bike). What I notice the most from their handling is how Supersix somehow remain more stable on rough terrain cornering. Like, on a smooth gravel road that is still ridable on road bike tires, Supersix jumps and skips less on bumps. It help me push harder with confidence. Not sure if it's totally just the feeling but I'd reduce more speed before cornering on stiff aero bike.

I like aero bikes, but those thick deep fork doesn't track ground as well as a flexier one IMO. Maybe huge tires on aero bike can nullify that at cost of even more weight? I don't know.
Broady wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:17 pm
Talk of Systemsix becoming more of a SL7 style all rounder too and Cannondale consolidating their range.
That's possible. But wouldn't it be easier to release that prototype TT bike used by EF team with road kit? It looks like a more aero SystemSix.
Sell it with TT kit (forward seatpost, TT bar etc.) as SystemSix TT
and road kit (setback seatpost, road bar and possibly different fork) as SystemSix road. Similar to BMC Timemachine road.
image from https://cyclingtips.com/2022/02/an-insp ... an-camino/

micky

by micky

New V3rs?
edit; rumoured to be a plastic model done for a cycling show.

smokva

by smokva

hannawald wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:58 pm
New Bianchi Oltre for 2023
Yes, unfortunately it's time to upgrade Oltre. Fortunately, I got myself XR4 with rim brales while they are still available :D

ConfusedRob

by ConfusedRob

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:48 am
Madone looks like the most obvious one to me from the big guns.
Cervelo S5 maybe (although I still think it looks modern).
SystemSix would definitely be another one. Don't see them go SL7 with it, as that's what the SuperSix already is, right?

I'd love to see something mega aero. We have now had all the lightness.
Madone has been removed from the Project One line up, dunno how telling that is :noidea:

ConfusedRob

by ConfusedRob

In other news it appears the Soloist is making a return.

https://cyclingtips.com/2022/02/2022-cervelo-soloist/
Screenshot 2022-03-01 145824.jpg

ConfusedRob

by ConfusedRob

micky wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:16 am
New V3rs?
edit; rumoured to be a plastic model done for a cycling show.

Either way, insanely pretty bike. Hope that cable routing over the top of the stem is just part of the prototype.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

That is S5, timemachine,sl7 rolled into 1.. I kinda like it.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com