Colnago C64 - Inside and Out

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bruno2000

by bruno2000

edorwart wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:22 am
Anyone here use a 0 offset seat post for your C64? I just bought one, special order...and it seems the 0 offset has a different clamp mechanism that will not allow you to use oval carbon rails like you can on the standard 15mm offset seatpost that came with the bike. Hugely disapointing as I spent $200+ on a seat post that I cannot use with my $300 carbon saddle that I love. You cant change out the parts from the 15mm to the 0mm as they are totally differen. I dont know what to do. I have emailed Colnago but recevied no response as of yet.
Can't you use the clamp of your other seatpost with offset?
Another option would be Darimo.

edorwart

by edorwart

No you can't. As I noted in my post they are totally different design.

15mm offset clamps rails top and bottom while 0 offset post is a side-load clamp which almost never works of 7mm x 9mm ovail rails unless the clamp is specifically shaped for ovalized rails

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bruno2000

by bruno2000

edorwart wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:12 pm
No you can't. As I noted in my post they are totally different design.

15mm offset clamps rails top and bottom while 0 offset post is a side-load clamp which almost never works of 7mm x 9mm ovail rails unless the clamp is specifically shaped for ovalized rails
It's a pity you already spent de 200+ $ for the zero offset.
The Darimo option would have caste you a little more but no hassle with your oval saddle rail and a huge weigtsaving

ms6073

by ms6073

I have a v1 Tacx Neo that requires a T2835 Direct drive quick release adapter set to install my Scott Solace with 142x12mm thru-axle on the trainer. Having recieved but not yet built my C64 disc (waiting on 1400 mm ED-SW50 wire). I note that the dropouts for the new frame and thru-axle have a matching bevel, and was curious if anyone was using a C64 disc with a Tacx Neo/Neo 2 (Neo 2T does not require adapters). I tried the Tacx adapter I currently use and it fits but lacks the beveled flange and I am not keen on sliding the flange off/on the OEM axle every week.

Edit: Noticed in the images of the Tacx T2835 adapter includes a bevelled end cap, which sent me to the trainer room to rumage through my box of Tacx spares, and viola, I have that piece so question appears to have been answered.

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

NMK

by NMK

Hi All, super excited that I will be placing the order for my first Colnago on Monday and in the meantime, I was wondering if there are any bits to be aware of, such as the chain catcher where Calnago said better to use a separately attached one to ease the build process. With the Campag EPS, is the chain catcher still necessary?

For the BB, I guess the Campag BB will be sufficient as I know there is also the optional Colnago/Cermaic Speed version.

How about a power meter? Looks like I will get the Favero DUO but other options? Stages? But that is only left crank.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Opusover21

by Opusover21

Hello all,
I have a question regarding headsets and top caps

My early C64 has the traditional round top caps which come in two sizes with a plastic split ring and washer

I've recently ordered a R41 headset kit which comes with locking spaces and a flared out top cap with a hole in it...this also comes with a new compression plastic split ring with no washer

Problem is the top cap is flat and does not have a recess so sits too proud with either compression rings

Looks like the top bearing must be lower slightly than the original bearing which is a pita as the new ones look a bit more finished with an aero stem

Anyone a similar experience or knowledge on this? Thanks

micky

by micky

Any picture to help understanding the problem?

welchy

by welchy

Hello All, feel sad commenting in this thread without Calnago here as I would've gone straight to the guru :(

Anyways, I've just put a deposit down on a C64 Disc and I'll be fitting my Campy 12spd to it. Can anybody tell me what are the correct campy cups I need for the bottom bracket? I literally have zero idea of what is correct. I'm not bothered with ceramic speed or anything, just straight up campy suits me!

It's Ultra Torque needed.

These are the options:

CPB001: OC12-REI (Italian)
CPB002: OC12-REG (BSA)
CPB005C: IC15-RE41 (BB86 86.5x41)
CPB006C: IC15-RE42 (BB30 68x42)
CPB014C: IC15-RE46 (PF30 68x46)
CPB015C: IC15-UTR51E (RH 79x46)
CPB017C: IC15-UT386 (BB386 86.5x46)
CPB018: IC19-UT73 (BB30A 73x42)

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

CPB005C: IC15-RE41 (BB86 86.5x41) is the one you need.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

welchy

by welchy

Mockenrue wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:57 am
CPB005C: IC15-RE41 (BB86 86.5x41) is the one you need.
Thanks a bunch buddy, ordered!

welchy

by welchy

Next question... has anybody got knowledge of cable routing on these.

I will be running a standard stem, I think mine is an earlier model if I'm correct so now internal routing. Potentially the rear brake cable is internal though?!

Any info on how people have routed these and if people are crossing F&R derailleur cables internally in the frame as Calnago mentioned earlier in the thread.

ms6073

by ms6073

If you are running electiic shifting, I would advise you consider the new Colnago stem to take advantage of inernal routing, otherwise the curent version of the C64 disc has a port on the downtube that allows for external cable routing.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

jwest

by jwest

ms6073 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:16 pm
If you are running electiic shifting, I would advise you consider the new Colnago stem to take advantage of inernal routing, otherwise the curent version of the C64 disc has a port on the downtube that allows for external cable routing.
He said F&R mech cables so.... it's not EPS.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jwest

by jwest

welchy wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:19 pm
Next question... has anybody got knowledge of cable routing on these.

I will be running a standard stem, I think mine is an earlier model if I'm correct so now internal routing. Potentially the rear brake cable is internal though?!

Any info on how people have routed these and if people are crossing F&R derailleur cables internally in the frame as Calnago mentioned earlier in the thread.
So, yes, the rear brake cable uses the top tube in-out. For the derailuers, you can choose the entrance but you cannot change the exits. So, you wouldn't run it for the purpose of crossing them inside the downtube but you would choose how you want the cables to be out front at the head tube area. What I mean is that it can work fine either way and this means they can enter on the same or opposite from the side they connect. I do prefer the "cross" style where the right shifter exits the bar and maintains that arc over to the left and around left side of head tube and naturally arcs into the left side port in the downtube. Opposite for left shifter.

Now inside they must "cross" in order to exit correctly from the bottom bracket shell. The FD of course exits to the exterior of the bike to come up to the FD and the right shifter cable which is pulling from the left upper downtube entrance port, has to "exit" the BB into the chainstay and then finally out of that at the rear.

Each of those will need a frame interface/stopper for the cable housing to rest against. The RD exit actually uses 2 pieces, a stubby wide barrel into which the housing ferrel with tubing lead will also sit and then the housing sits into that.

You need to watch a lot of youtube or get an experienced builder to show you or do it for you though. Little things need to happen like liner tubing, which is not cable "housing", needs to run from the chainstay and into the downtube so the cable isn't just grinding on the carbon frame interior. Similarly for the FD cable which needs the plastic tubing from outside, into, under the bb, and up a little into the downtube area. To keep water from building up inside that tubing, a small slit or hole can be made near it's natural drain bottom curve under the bb.