Supersix Evo III Rim (6.02kg) and Disc (6.74kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Lockdown boredom has driven me to getting my Evo Rim sub 6kg; the last meaningful saving (at least until Darimo come up with a seatpost!) are extralite RC rings which are in the post - I am slightly nervous on them playing nicely with ETAP but keeping my fingers crossed..

Other than that have some new liner coming to allow me to put iLinks on - I have a suspicion the cable outer I have used are already as light as they come so savings might not materialise.

Build list below (green and blue are defo verified weights -the others will probably have been but cant find photos).

Question is, can anyone spot any savings which aren’t going to break the bank? In a perfect world I would like to get to 5.95 to allow for the extra weight of the Hypers I have in the post..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Beancouter on Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

A Hi-Mod fork?? Could get quite a bit of saving there I would assume (although probably not look right in terms of paint)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Knightyboy27 wrote:A Hi-Mod fork?? Could get quite a bit of saving there I would assume (although probably not look right in terms of paint)
Thanks for replying - should have said, mine is rim brake and unfortunately they never did the rim brake version in hi mod, so not an option.

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

Bike looks great. A real shame about the finishing but glad you got it sorted!

I was skeptical about those saddles but might try one now after your glowing review! Any particular seller that's best to deal with or is all the EC90 stuff the same?
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Is it the ec90 from aliexpress?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Here you go

£19.79 43% Off | EC90 Bicycle Saddle MTB Bike Saddles Carbon Fiber Saddle 240-143 mm/125 g Road Bike Bicycle / Steel Saddle Rails Bicycle Cycling
https://a.aliexpress.com/_uIASBH

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

Beancouter wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:51 pm
Here you go

£19.79 43% Off | EC90 Bicycle Saddle MTB Bike Saddles Carbon Fiber Saddle 240-143 mm/125 g Road Bike Bicycle / Steel Saddle Rails Bicycle Cycling

Thanks!!
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Beancouter wrote:Here you go

Thanks!

And what bottle cages you use?

smellymcfatfats

by smellymcfatfats

I've had good luck with those carbon knockoff power saddles (even being 10 kg over their specified weight limit).

mcal8055

by mcal8055

CAADs, Hakkas...we have some similar tastes.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

mcal8055 wrote:CAADs, Hakkas...we have some similar tastes.
Hakka has gone 650b - looks amazing ... rides well too!

Funnily enough the caad is the only bike I never seem to sell! I had intended to last year but didn’t get round to it because one of the cable guides had a rounded screw

. I’ve now decided to build it back up and put it on the turbo trainer, replacing the Evo which seems like a poor use of a 6 kg bike!

What are you riding at the moment?

mcal8055

by mcal8055

Beancouter wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:25 pm
mcal8055 wrote:CAADs, Hakkas...we have some similar tastes.
Hakka has gone 650b - looks amazing ... rides well too!

Funnily enough the caad is the only bike I never seem to sell! I had intended to last year but didn’t get round to it because one of the cable guides had a rounded screw

. I’ve now decided to build it back up and put it on the turbo trainer, replacing the Evo which seems like a poor use of a 6 kg bike!

What are you riding at the moment?

I'm still rockin' the Hakka and CAAD. Hakka is still the best all-around gravel bike IMO and if I sold it, I'm afraid the current bike shortage would leave me without a comparable bike for most of this year. I've also got a long travel hardtail but we don't speak of such weights in this forum.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I bought the Hakka for trail, winter club runs, touring and commuting; it did all four brilliantly-I just got to the point where I was fed up changing wheels.

The Hakka is now dedicated to trail, and bought a Synapse with mudguards for winter, touring and commuting… not ashamed to say I am defo a cannondale fanboy!

Beancouter

by Beancouter

So using up bits and pieces from my spares cupboard, down to 6.0kg dead. Ended up back on some GP4000s 2 in 25mm, trimmed the excess carbon and changed to yokes on the seatpost. Also tighter wrap on the bar tape Image

Still have the extralite rings to change and the Winspace Hyper 50s - best case they cancel each other out.

Beyond that maybe a few grams in changing the cables.

The last piece of the jigsaw is a paint strip back to raw carbon - checking on prices. I like the look of the current paint scheme but it irks me slightly that the grey / silver is a decal (I am pretty sure it is!). I am intrigued how much paint they have added.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

To tidy up the front end thought I would use the disc steerer spacers as they look a bit more integrated.

That the made me think about running the rear caliper cable through the disc routing holes to - pretty pleased with the results.

Cables are Bowden tubes, which I have shrink wrapped as I didn’t want white - total weight was 18g for a metre. Front brake is nice and crisp, rear feels a bit soft but still bites - will keep tinkering...

Bike now down to 6kg - a few more tweaks should take me just below- the Winspace hyper 50mm will add a bit of weight back - sub 6kg is going to be tight!!