Colnago C64 - Inside and Out

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

What's the internal diameter of the BB cups?

Looking to order a PF BB for them but need to know ID :thumbup:
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

ryanw wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:50 am
What's the internal diameter of the BB cups?

Looking to order a PF BB for them but need to know ID :thumbup:
Found the answer myself, standard BB86 / PF41, so a 41mm ID.

When Colnago created the C60, the company implemented a new bottom bracket design dubbed ThreadFit82.5. Comprising a pair of threaded rings that secure an aluminium shell within the carbon fibre bottom bracket lug, ThreadFit82.5 has an internal diameter of 41mm that is directly compatible with all BB86 hardware. Threadfit82.5 remains a feature for some of Colnago’s current framesets, including the new C64.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

hannawald wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:40 pm
MrMojo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:51 pm
hannawald wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:31 pm
Hi all, does anybody know how much the original Colnago cups weight?
Trying to compare how much the combination of original cups + pressfit bb weights compared to Ceramicspeed solution (84g). Thank you.
28g for the pair
Thank you. As shimano standard BB92 is like 55g, its basically the same weight just to put there cheap shimano dura ace press fit bb instead of ceramic speed..
Does ceramic speed have any other advantage (besides highly discussed advantage of ceramic ball bearings)? I mean is it better for maintance/durability/no creeking to screw there ceramic speed or Colnago cups with Shimano press fit bb is similar reliability?
Thanks so much!
I am running a CS (T-45) in my V2R and it has 17000km on it now with no issues at this point. I have removed the seals to clean out the old grease and pack with fresh new grease a couple times now. I did this without removing the brgings from the BB, just removed the crank to have access to pick out the seals. The only downfall with this particular BB is the cheap plastic tool they supply as its good for one installation/removal and I cant seem to find any steel tools for the T-45 just yet. I did however purchase a Shimano BB86 that I can use with the other set of cups that come with the frame and I have the steel tool for those cups. So if anything happens to the T-45 I have the BB86 to install until I figure out what it is I am going to do with T45. At this point the CS BB has been better than what I expected for ceramic brgings so I will continue to run them as long as possible. Hopefully a proper tool becomes available soon.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

corky

by corky

Park T47 bb tool fits on the T45 CS cups....... I have this combo on my V3 RS 👍

corky

by corky

Also for reference Abbey tools make a tool for the original cups if you want to use them rather than CS cups.

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

I've been very happy with the CS T45 on my C60 as well. But I always worry the plastic tool came with the bb isn't strong enough when I need to remove the bb. One thing I noticed is on the tool is says 'T45-T47' and makes me wonder if T47 tool from other companies like Parktook, CK, Praxis etc would work. The patterns look similar between CS T45 and standard T47 cup, at least in the pictures. Does anyone know?

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

corky wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:11 pm
Also for reference Abbey tools make a tool for the original cups if you want to use them rather than CS cups.
I purchased the Abbey tool for my BB86 and its a nicely machined work of art. I wasnt sure the T47 would work but good to know, thanks corky.
Park T-47 BB tool ordered and on the way.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

mikebuf73

by mikebuf73

bikeboy1tr wrote:
hannawald wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:40 pm
MrMojo wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:51 pm
hannawald wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:31 pm
Hi all, does anybody know how much the original Colnago cups weight?
Trying to compare how much the combination of original cups + pressfit bb weights compared to Ceramicspeed solution (84g). Thank you.
28g for the pair
Thank you. As shimano standard BB92 is like 55g, its basically the same weight just to put there cheap shimano dura ace press fit bb instead of ceramic speed..
Does ceramic speed have any other advantage (besides highly discussed advantage of ceramic ball bearings)? I mean is it better for maintance/durability/no creeking to screw there ceramic speed or Colnago cups with Shimano press fit bb is similar reliability?
Thanks so much!
I am running a CS (T-45) in my V2R and it has 17000km on it now with no issues at this point. I have removed the seals to clean out the old grease and pack with fresh new grease a couple times now. I did this without removing the brgings from the BB, just removed the crank to have access to pick out the seals. The only downfall with this particular BB is the cheap plastic tool they supply as its good for one installation/removal and I cant seem to find any steel tools for the T-45 just yet. I did however purchase a Shimano BB86 that I can use with the other set of cups that come with the frame and I have the steel tool for those cups. So if anything happens to the T-45 I have the BB86 to install until I figure out what it is I am going to do with T45. At this point the CS BB has been better than what I expected for ceramic brgings so I will continue to run them as long as possible. Hopefully a proper tool becomes available soon.
Hi Bikeboy1tr

I was intrigued reading your post. Can I please clarify;

- so long as periodic maintenance (removing seals and repacking grease) of the BB is undertaken, you have managed to run the same BB for 17,000km?
- are you able to please provide a high level overview of how you undertake this maintenance? Is it a case of changing out the white grease that is visible in this pic below (the BB bearing seal cap is lifted off slightly, revealing the grease) or are you referring to greasing something else?

Many thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colnagoferrari

by colnagoferrari

Hello Colnago C64 owners,

Since 2 weeks Iam the proud owner of a C64 in colorscheme PJWI! I noticed to some of the decals on matt part are a bit cracked. In the photo if you look closely at the C you see a minor crack. At the 4 a part of the sticker is missing. Is this something to worry about or just part of the handmade method and decals are just likely to fade of a little? Please let me know!
Attachments
50B8E3A3-D22B-4303-8F1B-E6FB9DFD09E7.jpeg

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Those are not decals/stickers, the lettering on these frames is stencilled on with several layers of paint. In your case it looks like something has caught the edge of the paint, or excessive pressure been applied. A clamp maybe?

colnagoferrari

by colnagoferrari

Hi fellow Colnago enthusiasts. As indicated earlier, I want to put my C64 on a diet a bit.
In terms of pedals, I will probably go for the Time XPRO 12, which will result in a weight loss of 72 grams there. The only thing I want to change are my tires and inner tubes. Now I was thinking about the following.

- Continental GP 5000 23mm and inner tubes Continental Light Race Inner tube.
However, I have also seen that the Continental GP Attack & Force are quite light, but I don't think they are available everywhere anymore? In addition, I was also still doubting the Continental Supersonic, but I do not know how good they are in terms of puncture resistance?

I have looked for Vittoria, but as far as I can see in terms of actual weight it is usually heavier than Continental. Is that right?

Do other people have any good suggestions for lightweight tires and inner tubes without requiring a lot of durability and puncture resistance? Please all have a maximum width of 23mm. I'm used to this, so the argument of more comfort is not an issue for me! I like to hear it!

hgw20

by hgw20

colnagoferrari wrote:Hi fellow Colnago enthusiasts. As indicated earlier, I want to put my C64 on a diet a bit.
In terms of pedals, I will probably go for the Time XPRO 12, which will result in a weight loss of 72 grams there. The only thing I want to change are my tires and inner tubes. Now I was thinking about the following.

However, I have also seen that the Continental GP Attack & Force are quite light, but I don't think they are available everywhere anymore? In addition, I was also still doubting the Continental Supersonic, but I do not know how good they are in terms of puncture resistance?

I have looked for Vittoria, but as far as I can see in terms of actual weight it is usually heavier than Continental. Is that right?

Do other people have any good suggestions for lightweight tires and inner tubes without requiring a lot of durability and puncture resistance? Please all have a maximum width of 23mm. I'm used to this, so the argument of more comfort is not an issue for me! I like to hear it!
Have a look at this video. The final weight is 5.4 without pedals (5.7 with assioma duo)

https://youtu.be/Newl3cDRtFc

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk

easyv

by easyv

hgw20 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:18 pm
colnagoferrari wrote:Hi fellow Colnago enthusiasts. As indicated earlier, I want to put my C64 on a diet a bit.

Have a look at this video. The final weight is 5.4 without pedals (5.7 with assioma duo)

Pretty impressive weight in the video considering the C64, even in rim brake version, is not particularly light as a frameset. Though I guess if you throw enough money at it on the component side with THM, Lightweight, and Darimo components, you can make any bike decently light.

hgw20

by hgw20

easyv wrote:
hgw20 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:18 pm

Pretty impressive weight in the video considering the C64, even in rim brake version, is not particularly light as a frameset. Though I guess if you throw enough money at it on the component side with THM, Lightweight, and Darimo components, you can make any bike decently light.
Absolutely agree, the frame (with all hardware included) weighted around 1.2kg. that's 300/400gr more than any light frame in the market.....but it's not a Colnago hehehe

edorwart

by edorwart

Anyone here use a 0 offset seat post for your C64? I just bought one, special order...and it seems the 0 offset has a different clamp mechanism that will not allow you to use oval carbon rails like you can on the standard 15mm offset seatpost that came with the bike. Hugely disapointing as I spent $200+ on a seat post that I cannot use with my $300 carbon saddle that I love. You cant change out the parts from the 15mm to the 0mm as they are totally differen. I dont know what to do. I have emailed Colnago but recevied no response as of yet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com