Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

RobJ

by RobJ

Here is one of my Colnago's. I just finished up the build late yesteday with just enough light for a few spins around the neighborhood. Extremely happy the way everything came out. Running a few extra spacers until things shake out and get comfortable with the bike, then will probably add some more drop. I wanted to keep it as much as an all-Italian build as possible. Here are the build details:

Colnago C59 Italia PR99 57cm Traditional geometry (NOS)
Campagnolo Super Record Rev+ Shifters/RD/FD
Campagnolo Super Record Ti crankset, 172.5 50/34
Deda Superleggera Carbon bars, 44cm
3T ARXII-Pro -17 stem, custom Colnago graphics
Deda Superleggero RS Carbon 31.6 seatpost
Fizik Antares R1 Versus EVO saddle
EE Brakes
Campagnolo Bora 35 tubular wheel set
Veloflex Arenberg Tires
Powertap P1 powermeter pedals
KMC X11SL chain
Elite Custom Race Cages

7144g as currently built without really trying to use WW parts.

2020 BMC TeamMachine SLR 01

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

outnumbered

by outnumbered

It looks like you could easily lose a few spacers simply by moving the levers quite a bit higher up the bars so you have a flatter transition and less reach.

dukezpol

by dukezpol

Hi, here is my latest built on Record EPS.

Could you please advise nice & well working bottle cages - something in black matt with glossy logo, either full glossy?

Specialized S-Works from previous bike does not fit me at all...:)
Attachments
B45A029C-094C-4ED5-95C4-F1181DA5E799.jpeg

coriordan

by coriordan

Elite come in matt plastic or Arundel come in a range of carbon - matty, glossy, weave, UD etc.

The c59 is lovely.

coriordan

by coriordan

Another question about C59 rear brake routing - the outer runs all the way through the frame as far as I can tell (I didn't assemble the bike) but I find that it keeps dragging through towards the front, so you don't get the nice loop at the rear before it goes into the brake caliper.

Do I shorten the outer or is there a trick to making the front tidier and keeping the rear loop longer? I am running a Di2 build using a piece of wound plastic to hold the di2 wire to the brake cable, not heatshrink.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I just wrap a small piece of electrical tape around the cable outer where it exits at the rear, enough to stop it dragging but not so much that it wrinkles when you try to push it back into the tube. Works a treat:

Last edited by Mockenrue on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

dukezpol wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:22 am

Could you please advise nice & well working bottle cages - something in black matt with glossy logo, either full glossy?

I use Elite Vico Carbon, it has matt and glossy parts and complements PLBK perfectly IMO:

3Pio

by 3Pio

Two pics before get dirty again :)ImageImage

guyc

by guyc

Lovely bikes all!

Is there any reason why people are running big spacers above the stem top-cap? Is it to avoid cutting the steerer down for resale?

3Pio

by 3Pio

guyc wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:42 pm
Lovely bikes all!

Is there any reason why people are running big spacers above the stem top-cap? Is it to avoid cutting the steerer down for resale?
In my case three reasons :) :

1. Beeing Lazy... (i need to go to LBS, to watch their steps if they use proper tool, and if they are willing to do it proper way :) )

2. If i buy new bike maybe this bike will be riden from my gf (She ride my old Pinarello FP3 sometimes).

3. Easier resale if i need to resale it (i really dont plan it, but who knows...)

Yes, i agree that it will be much better to cut the fork.. Maybe i'll just do it :)

guyc

by guyc

Ahh - makes sense! I've always got my shop to cut mine down. I'm so cack-handed I'd mess it up :lol:

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

On a related note - does anyone know if Colnago requires a minimum height over the stem when cutting the steerer down?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I don't know if they recommend a minimum as such but I think leaving at least 5mm is considered good practice.

guyc - that is exactly the reason in my case. I have all my Colnagos set up either with the stem slammed or with a 5mm spacer underneath at most. I had a hell of a job selling an (otherwise mint) Extreme Power a few years back because the previous owner had cut the steerer right down.

guyc

by guyc

Mockenrue wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:21 pm

guyc - that is exactly the reason in my case. I have all my Colnagos set up either with the stem slammed or with a 5mm spacer underneath at most. I had a hell of a job selling an (otherwise mint) Extreme Power a few years back because the previous owner had cut the steerer right down.
As I suspected. Thank you.

dukezpol

by dukezpol

Mockenrue wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:11 am
dukezpol wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:22 am

I use Elite Vico Carbon, it has matt and glossy parts and complements PLBK perfectly IMO:

THX for an advice! I am looking for something a little bit more "refined" either...:)

What you think about one of the two below with one more task - good handling 0,7L heavy Camelback bottles on bad quality roads:
https://r2-bike.com/SUPACAZ-Fly-Cage-black-carbon
https://r2-bike.com/ARUNDEL-Trinkflasch ... -Oil-Slick

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com