Calibrating Slope on SRM

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Just reading posts about the V9 reading high.. 3-4 years ago I purchased 2 Campagnolo PM7s and they both read high as well... I ended up figuring out the slope with the weight/calculation method above, and figured out what the slope should have been... I manually entered and rode them to test... seeing how they were both out, I sent both back to SRM for proper recalibration, and they both came back virtually identical to what I had calculated... they never did answer me as to why both were out... I tested mine against my Tacx Neo which tracks perfectly with my other SRM and P2Max NG...

Leaning towards the NG on my SL8, or just going with a Super Record crank/Garmin pedal setup...

Giant DK

by Giant DK

ParisCarbon wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:06 am
Just reading posts about the V9 reading high.. 3-4 years ago I purchased 2 Campagnolo PM7s and they both read high as well... I ended up figuring out the slope with the weight/calculation method above, and figured out what the slope should have been... I manually entered and rode them to test... seeing how they were both out, I sent both back to SRM for proper recalibration, and they both came back virtually identical to what I had calculated... they never did answer me as to why both were out... I tested mine against my Tacx Neo which tracks perfectly with my other SRM and P2Max NG...

Leaning towards the NG on my SL8, or just going with a Super Record crank/Garmin pedal setup...
Exactly! I have ALWAYS done my own test/calibration. Also when it came fresh factory calibrated back from service/battery change. Sometimes it was perfect. Sometimes less perfect. Trusted my own setup since I could check slope easy every few month to check for consistancy.

But now with PM9 - no longer an option. Also no longer auto zero offset since they have implemented temperature compensation. Well, every training I had with me updated PM9 the zero offset value have drifted. So right now it is back in Germany - yet again.
Techn writer at Velomore Denmark

My Simplon Pavo II

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Giant DK

by Giant DK

Deleted
Techn writer at Velomore Denmark

My Simplon Pavo II

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Giant DK wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:29 am
ParisCarbon wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:06 am

Exactly! I have ALWAYS done my own test/calibration. Also when it came fresh factory calibrated back from service/battery change. Sometimes it was perfect. Sometimes less perfect. Trusted my own setup since I could check slope easy every few month to check for consistancy.

But now with PM9 - no longer an option. Also no longer auto zero offset since they have implemented temperature compensation. Well, every training I had with me updated PM9 the zero offset value have drifted. So right now it is back in Germany - yet again.
Yeah.. leaning more and more towards the NG... no issues and $1000 cheaper.... plus the North American office is in Canada and I don't have to deal with all the import crap I historically deal with when dealing with SRM directly...