Injured Knee Question

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jersievers

by jersievers

I am trying to elicit some advice...

I have hurt my knee, and it sucks. Last Thursday I was getting ready for work and slammed my kneecap into a corner of a wall, much as one might "stub" their toe. I didn't visibly bruise my knee, but that is what it feels like, right in the middle of the patella. So, that evening and everyday since then when I get on my bike it is pure agony, especially if I stand on the pedals. If I stay seated and really focus on spinning at high RPM I can minimize the pain, but still really hurts and I can't do my planned workouts.

So my question is, has anyone had any experience with this type of injury? How long will it take to heal? If I continue to ride my bike am I risking getting tendonitis in my knee?

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

Go get it checked out, there could be all sorts of stuff going on in there. Erik Dekker smacked his knee into a doorframe last year (or 2003) and it turned into a real mess. Best to get it checked out before doing anymore damage.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Jep, get it checked out, the cartilage could be damaged...
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Franziskaner

by Franziskaner

i once had a tough fall from my bike, had a stiff ankle/achilles tendon for weeks until i went to the doctor's, he fixed me up pretty well, but i can feel it hurt after long/hard rides...

go to the doc immediately, before you damage something for good