Feedback Omnium + powermeter or Smart trainer

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cassard

by cassard

Hi !

I currently own a feedback sport omnium and on one of my bike I have a crank powermeter. I used it last year for indoor training and it was fine. Finding gears was a bit tricky sometimes, but overall it was good. The Feedback can get up to 700-800 watts which is plenty enough for my trainings.

I got a second bike (CAAD12) that I want to train with this winter and I plan on getting a powermeter for it for next summer. Because I plan to race with it.

So for this winter I wondered, if getting a powermeter for this bike (looking into the Favero Assioma) and continuing on my feedback sport or getting a smart trainer (looking for the KickR Core).

How much of a difference would it make to my training "gains" or "results" would I see between my feedback sport omnium + powermeter vs a KickR Core.

Thanks !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertbb

by robertbb

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

0 difference.... either way you're training with power.

The kickr might give you a more realistic experience in terms of how the gears work when climbing etc....

For example, if you're using ZWIFT and you have the kickr, you're pedaling at a steady 250 watts. As you go up a climb, the resistance increases and you'll be shifting to gear that allows you to spin at your preferred cadence and continue doing the 250 watts. If you're using the Omnium, you'll be pedaling at a steady 250 watts and as you go up the climb, the resitance will not increase, just your avatar will slow down accordingly, assuming you continue to pedal at 250 watts.... either way, you're still doing 250 watts, but the kickr might change how it feels and represent a more accurate feel to in terms of gear and cadence.

but in the end, power is power and for training, it won't make a difference.