Phone for QuadLock mount App training

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

naavt

by naavt

I'm using an iPad and everytime I want to do something (like pausing and advance my training in WahooX for instance), I have to get out of the bike since I have no ways to put my iPad nearer to me than it already is.

Because of that I'm evaluating the acquisition of a phone that I can stick with a QuadLock mount on my handlebars. The thing is that I don't want to spend much in a phone that can do a good job presenting the App for me, and I'm a IOS user. I've looked into refurbished iPhone 8s and I've seen that they will install WahooX for now.

Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

kode54

by kode54

Maybe use a stick on Garmin adapter and stick that onto something else. I have that stuck onto a thin mag mount for my iPhone. No need for the quad lock
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naavt

by naavt

kode54 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:46 pm
Maybe use a stick on Garmin adapter and stick that onto something else. I have that stuck onto a thin mag mount for my iPhone. No need for the quad lock
I've already have a QuadLock hanging around. Only need to buy the cover.

My need is to find the cheapest alternative for an electronic device where to install the WahooX and Rouvy Apps (the ones I'm currently using). Ideally an IOS device since I'm an IOS user, but I'm finding hard to spend the cash needed for a refurbished iPhone 8 or similar just to use it in this respect.

req110

by req110

If you have a bit flat stem, just get some velcro stickers on you phone case and other one on the stem. Or adhesive tape.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
SW Epic 8 Satin Carbon L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p SID Ultimate / in the making

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naavt

by naavt

Very nice! thanks for this 👍