Clothing for indoor training

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Andrew69

by Andrew69

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:36 pm
One fan behind is also a pro tip.
Agreed this makes a big difference and I do it via large ceiling fan overhead

I use two massive fans pointing towards my face/body that I have controlled via a cheap remote power point.
Start off with no fans, than start the large ceiling fan increasing the air flow as I heat up, then turn on the main cooling fans, and in summer, I also have the room air conditioned so that I can use that as well if I start to overheat.

Bibs with no jersey for me in summer.
In winter I may throw on an old t-shirt for a few minutes till I warm up and then strip that off

GaBa

by GaBa

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:36 pm
For me moving air is way more important than cold temps. I have 2 blower style fans and a larger 18” air circulator pointed at different parts of my body. One fan behind is also a pro tip.

I used to go topless in the summer, but it truly is better to have a very thin layer that wicks. It’ll only feel hotter initially before you start to sweat.
Yeah, same for me. Due to lack of space I only use one though - Vacmaster ari mover with remote controler, directly in front of me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

GaBa wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:01 pm
And what do you consider very cold? I train im basement where currently it's 14-15 degC. And in that temperature I wear base layer + jersey, same as I would outside in summer. I don't find this combination being too much, I still don't sweat that much.

Edit: oh and of course I also use worn out clothing that I probably wouldn't use outside anymore :)
I would love to train in that, last 2 times on the turbo in my shed it's been -4C. I am normally in a down jacket to warm up, take that off and just go for a mesh baselayer. Been using the Band of Climbers ones recently and happy with them

Pottermouse

by Pottermouse

Bib shorts and a mesh base layer (I use Rapha Pro-team... they last 3-4 years for me in a way others don't, so worth the price).

Prem-i-air 18 inch floor fan directly in front of me. Like being in a wind tunnel.

Occasionally feel cold in the warm up, but never at the business end of a session.

kode54

by kode54

For me. Any shorts or bibs I don’t use anymore outdoors. Any summer socks. Sleeveless summer baselayer with no jersey. Current shoes. Cheap table fan.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc