What’s your training app?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

clutchup

by clutchup

It's time for indoor training again ):

For the past few years, really any indoor training, I've always used Zwift. This was the first year I cancelled when outdoor riding season began. I liked everything about Zwift other then their training plans. And frankly that's all I used Zwift for as I'm not really into the racing or just riding around watopia.

Other then new maps, has Zwift added anything training plan wise this year. The other options are wahoo systm X or trainerroad.

I was going to go with trainerroad but it's the most expensive. I like how wahoo has a sorta off the bike workout plan to incoprate. I'd prefer to come back to Zwift but i don't think they have updated their training plans and am now leaning wahoo systm x.

Anyway what are you folks using this winter? Can you recommend one of the above for someone looking for a training program, something to get me thru 12 weeks of indoor "riding"?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Isn't there a way that you can import a customized erg file into zwift... ie get a real training program from trainingpeaks or something, and then use it in zwift?

Im not sure..I don't use the erg file stuff, and just do my planned workout on the virtual roads as if I was on the real road outside..

As for other options, tacx app with beautiful videos and real gradients (I beta test for them , highest quality vids out there)
bigrigvr, also very good videos, lots of variety (I beta for them as well)
Virtupro is another alternative to zwift...
Veloreality
If you want videos in erg mode there is ergvideo

Lots of options out there, ultimately, its what you want to do, and what kind of view you want.. personally, I do all my 20 minute stuff uphill on a nice climb in Poland that was recorded on bigringvr... its perfect because its just a hair over 20 minutes up, and about 7 minutes to descend, and then the video starts over for me... for my 5 minute stuff I usually just use the flat road on zwift..tempus fugit or something... and I race alot on there as well with all the cat 5s who can kill Pogacar with one leg LOL I race 2/3 on the road, but Im just almost an A on zwift.. but some dude I take out by 3 mins in a 20km TT outside is an A+ LOL

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

ParisCarbon wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:41 am
Isn't there a way that you can import a customized erg file into zwift... ie get a real training program from trainingpeaks or something, and then use it in zwift?

Im not sure..I don't use the erg file stuff, and just do my planned workout on the virtual roads as if I was on the real road outside..

As for other options, tacx app with beautiful videos and real gradients (I beta test for them , highest quality vids out there)
bigringvr, also very good videos, lots of variety (I beta for them as well)
Virtupro is another alternative to zwift...
Veloreality, rouvy, fulgaz
If you want videos in erg mode there is ergvideo

Lots of options out there, ultimately, its what you want to do, and what kind of view you want.. personally, I do all my 20 minute stuff uphill on a nice climb in Poland that was recorded on bigringvr... its perfect because its just a hair over 20 minutes up, and about 7 minutes to descend, and then the video starts over for me... for my 5 minute stuff I usually just use the flat road on zwift..tempus fugit or something... and I race alot on there as well with all the cat 5s who can kill Pogacar with one leg LOL I race 2/3 on the road, but Im just almost an A on zwift.. but some dude I take out by 3 mins in a 20km TT outside is an A+ LOL

Cannoli

by Cannoli

FulGaz and Wahoo System

I use FulGaz for simulation mode and some of their training. FulGaz is two users for one fee. I also use Whaoo System for proper training and Wahoo RGT for a Zwift like experience that's not Zwift. Wahoo RGT comes with your Wahoo subscription. I will never go back to Zwift. Their customer service is crap.
Last edited by Cannoli on Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

Hexsense

by Hexsense

TrainerRoad. But only because I use it for a long time so I keep the grandfather price of 10 dollars a month.

If I have to pay the current price, I'd probably switch.

For the plan, I mostly do polarized training plan.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Fulgaz.
There is 60 day trial I am currently in.
I need to see real areas while riding. Not a fan of the virtual worlds and i don't care about the group rides and chatting of zwift.

The manual import of fit files to Garmin is a bit annoying but hey...

Matte86

by Matte86

Trainerroad.. i tried Zwift as well, not the others and for structured training it’s just way better, there’s no way around it. it’s more expensive, but I think you get what you pay for.
Wahoo X looks interesting with their ecosystem, but I have no experience with them.
One that can fill the bill for you is Trainerday, but it requires a more autonomous approach

Woland

by Woland

I've used Trainerroad for many seasons, and also tried Zwift for one season. I'm currently using Trainer Day, which gets the basic job done and costs a lot less.

naavt

by naavt

Cannoli wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:18 am
FulGaz and Wahoo System

I use FulGaz for simulation mode and some of their training. FulGaz is two users for one fee. I also use Whaoo System for proper training and Wahoo RGT for a Zwift like experience that's not Zwift. Wahoo RGT comes with your Wahoo subscription. I will never go back to Zwift. Their customer service is crap.
Same here. Not on FulGaz but on Rouvy. Have a family pack and I'm dividing the sibscription by 3, which ends to be ridiculously cheap. You can even import your own training routes with power and video and relive them at home.

Beyond that... Wahoo SYSTM.

kervelo

by kervelo

Trainerroad. I have used it since it was still in beta and have no plans of leaving it. I also have a Rouvy subscription, but have not used that much yet.

The new AI feature is a nice way to update the FTP using the data from the outdoor rides too.

kode54

by kode54

Eterna7m wrote:Fulgaz.
There is 60 day trial I am currently in.
I need to see real areas while riding. Not a fan of the virtual worlds and i don't care about the group rides and chatting of zwift.

The manual import of fit files to Garmin is a bit annoying but hey...
Same here. Don’t care for Zwift virtual environment. Like to see a group ride like I’m there. I also supplement with SYSTM for structured training but like FulGaz for the outdoors when I can’t be.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

TrainerRoad. With automatic plan adaptation it made a big leap forward, imo.

C36

by C36

Any with a free-trial (that is not 2 weeks) that you recommend before committing to a subscription?
« Naturally » I am not a fan of turbo training and ride in the Alps even in winter but this year I will lack « day-light » riding time.

Emmodd

by Emmodd

There are lots of opportunities to extend the fulgaz trial. I'll have had 50 days or so without paying before I'm done!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Ferry

by Ferry

Emmodd wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:30 am
There are lots of opportunities to extend the fulgaz trial. I'll have had 50 days or so without paying before I'm done!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Could you share these opportunities?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com