What’s your training app?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jlok

by jlok

cheapvega wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:24 pm
Here is my last breakthrough:

https://www.xertonline.com/activities/anwyh4lgetlgdoj3

I just did a ramp test today and as I expected my FTP came back around 190W. My main sport is weight lifting so I guess my sprint power is high compared to my threshold power. But it looks like Xert calculates TP from breakthroughs, which for me only come from sprints. Hence the upward TP skew. The ride I posted was pretty polarized but I'd consider it high effort based on the HR....... there is no way I could find another 40-80W over an hour at my current fitness level. 190W is pretty much my highest FTP ever so another 15-50W just doesn't seem realistic.
That might be the reason: Xert's model is focusing on athletes with cycling as the major sport. Do you often ride like that (Road Sprinter)? How many of your rides are with a Focus of Sprint-Time Trialist / Time Trialist?
Xert was a fun experiment but for me it has created more problems than it solved... I'm going to cancel my subscription and just manage this base block on my own. I've wasted 2-3 weeks from incomplete workouts and trying to figure this all out.
Have you set up the Target Event in Goals and what Athlete Type have you chosen? The Xert program should be easy/moderate in the Base Phase...

Are there errors in my Fitness Signature?
https://baronbiosys.com/faq-items/is-my ... ure-right/
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cheapvega

by cheapvega

jlok wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:38 am
cheapvega wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:24 pm
Here is my last breakthrough:

https://www.xertonline.com/activities/anwyh4lgetlgdoj3

I just did a ramp test today and as I expected my FTP came back around 190W. My main sport is weight lifting so I guess my sprint power is high compared to my threshold power. But it looks like Xert calculates TP from breakthroughs, which for me only come from sprints. Hence the upward TP skew. The ride I posted was pretty polarized but I'd consider it high effort based on the HR....... there is no way I could find another 40-80W over an hour at my current fitness level. 190W is pretty much my highest FTP ever so another 15-50W just doesn't seem realistic.
That might be the reason: Xert's model is focusing on athletes with cycling as the major sport. Do you often ride like that (Road Sprinter)? How many of your rides are with a Focus of Sprint-Time Trialist / Time Trialist?
Xert was a fun experiment but for me it has created more problems than it solved... I'm going to cancel my subscription and just manage this base block on my own. I've wasted 2-3 weeks from incomplete workouts and trying to figure this all out.
Have you set up the Target Event in Goals and what Athlete Type have you chosen? The Xert program should be easy/moderate in the Base Phase...

Are there errors in my Fitness Signature?
https://baronbiosys.com/faq-items/is-my ... ure-right/
Yes about half of my rides come back with a "sprint" profile because I have to ramp up the power over all the punchy hills here. I chose a "puncheur" profile as that's what most of my roads are, but I think my power profile is more "sprinty"

I don't have a target event set since I don't race.... I would say my target season is the fall though, with a little riding early spring. It gets too hot to ride regularly in the thick of the summer and too cold + dark in the winter.

I'm just going to put Xert on pause for a while.... right now is base building time and I have a basic idea of how to train. I will throw the data back into Xert when I'm done and see what it says. I've resigned to doing monthly FTP tests as well since all the software I've used to estimate seems off. Xert was too high and GC is too low. The few FTP tests I've done have been pretty accurate.

baronbiosys

by baronbiosys

One thing to consider with Xert is to flag activities that you feel have adjusted your signature incorrectly/unfairly. This can happen from time to time as there's a lot going on under the covers as the system looks for when you were close to reaching your limit based on previous efforts. If you weren't really close, or if an error crept into the data, flag the breakthrough activity and you'll get better results. The system will learn and hone in on exactly what you can do.
Armando Mastracci
Founder of Xert Breakthrough Training
www.xertonline.com

Dorpel

by Dorpel

I just upload my workouts from Trainingpeaks to my Garmin Edge and listen some music. I've tried Zwift, Rouvy etc... but find it boring af.
I've also used perfpro.

jasjas

by jasjas

stermyx wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:38 am
jasjas wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:35 pm
RGT and Systm, the old Sufferfest.

RGT is soooo much better than Zwift, the racing in real time and physics is v good but its a gaming app, so you need decent hardware and internet.
RGT?? From Wahoo?? You can use it with all trainers?
Well, RGT has been going for a while, pre the Wahoo buy out.

Yes can be used on any smart trainer... the down side is its nothing like as popular, so some events are pretty empty.. upside is you can use the free version for any event/group/race.

kervelo

by kervelo

Trainerroad will change the pricing for legacy members. I find the new pricing model a bit complicated, but DCrainmaker explains it very well here:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2023/01/tra ... ional.html

MDecius

by MDecius

I've been using Wahoo SYSTM for ~3 months. I tried Zwift during the free trial, and wasn't at all interested. The powerups, kudos, constant advertising, and "levelling up" meant the whole thing was just a little bit overwhelming.

Since I only wanted some structured training, SYSTM is much better for that. There is much less fluff, just training. Today I did one of their "Pro Ride" workouts which features on-bike footage of a pro race and adjusts your power to the position in the video (i.e., drafting or hitting the front in a breakaway), and that was incredibly engaging and motivating. Loved it.
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

robertbb

by robertbb

Yep, I'll be giving SYSTM a go as well when our days get shorter, darker and wetter.

I just wish they had the ability to estimate your 4dp "zones" based on accumulated 90-day ride data. It's not hard to implement based on a power duration curve. Specific testing should be a thing of the past.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

using golden cheetah for metrics

came across interval.icu - seems well put together as well

kytyree

by kytyree

intervals.icu

without the "s" returns something else I believe

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

robertbb wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:09 pm
Yep, I'll be giving SYSTM a go as well when our days get shorter, darker and wetter.

I just wish they had the ability to estimate your 4dp "zones" based on accumulated 90-day ride data. It's not hard to implement based on a power duration curve. Specific testing should be a thing of the past.
You can do it yourself if you want. I use intervals.icu (like some have mentioned) to track 90 day metrics and then update my 4DP in my profile based on these.

I tend to do it at the start of every month through winter

robertbb

by robertbb

Tifosiphil wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:34 am
robertbb wrote:

You can do it yourself if you want. I use intervals.icu (like some have mentioned) to track 90 day metrics and then update my 4DP in my profile based on these.

Does intervals.icu capture your 90-day metrics for 5sec, 1min, 5min and 20min (corresponding with NM, AC, MAP and FTP)?

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

robertbb wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:01 am
Tifosiphil wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:34 am
robertbb wrote:

Does intervals.icu capture your 90-day metrics for 5sec, 1min, 5min and 20min (corresponding with NM, AC, MAP and FTP)?
Yep, you would have to create 90 days as your "season" but then it would capture it and compare it to your best all time records. Essentially can capture it from 1 second to 2 hours

LouisN

by LouisN

clutchup wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:02 pm
It's time for indoor training again ):

...I liked everything about Zwift other then their training plans. And frankly that's all I used Zwift for as I'm not really into the racing or just riding around watopia.

...Anyway what are you folks using this winter? Can you recommend one of the above for someone looking for a training program, something to get me thru 12 weeks of indoor "riding"?
Zwift + a coach/program . Zwift linked to the coach via TraininPeaks. Workout templates automatically in your personal Zwift account.

Best investment (not even that expensive) ever for me.

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JensKreider

by JensKreider

LouisN wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:08 pm
clutchup wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:02 pm
It's time for indoor training again ):

...I liked everything about Zwift other then their training plans. And frankly that's all I used Zwift for as I'm not really into the racing or just riding around watopia.

...Anyway what are you folks using this winter? Can you recommend one of the above for someone looking for a training program, something to get me thru 12 weeks of indoor "riding"?
Zwift + a coach/program . Zwift linked to the coach via TraininPeaks. Workout templates automatically in your personal Zwift account.

Best investment (not even that expensive) ever for me.

Louis :)
Which a coach/program do you use? Some plans from TraininPeaks?