Coming Back From COVID

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

garbageman

by garbageman

Did a double take when I saw this thread because there's one with the exact same title in the Training forum started last month: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=171041

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cannoli

by Cannoli

sigma wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:35 am
So I picked up Covid on a work trip to Europe a few weeks back and it's just clearing out of my system now. I've resumed some light spinning on the trainer but noticed an erratic HR relative to normal and big drop in power. My plan is to stay very light intensity until I see some normalization of numbers but curious if anyone else can share how the experience was for them returning to the bike (with the understanding it's a very individualized journey).
I got it back in July and it took 4 to 8 weeks to get back to normal. My heart rate was through the roof on the mildest of efforts and my power was down across the board from week 3 to 6 after getting sick. I felt good at week 3 and wanted to ride, but the numbers just didn't follow, so I spent less time worrying about the numbers and just rode my bike to get my fitness back. It will come back. Just be consistent and listen to your body.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

sigma

by sigma

Cannoli wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:31 pm
sigma wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:35 am
So I picked up Covid on a work trip to Europe a few weeks back and it's just clearing out of my system now. I've resumed some light spinning on the trainer but noticed an erratic HR relative to normal and big drop in power. My plan is to stay very light intensity until I see some normalization of numbers but curious if anyone else can share how the experience was for them returning to the bike (with the understanding it's a very individualized journey).
I got it back in July and it took 4 to 8 weeks to get back to normal. My heart rate was through the roof on the mildest of efforts and my power was down across the board from week 3 to 6 after getting sick. I felt good at week 3 and wanted to ride, but the numbers just didn't follow, so I spent less time worrying about the numbers and just rode my bike to get my fitness back. It will come back. Just be consistent and listen to your body.
Great advice. Thank you!
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8