Best App/Software to Experience/Ride real Routes

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

man1ac

by man1ac

As a Season goal for 2022 I wanted to ride the Ötztaler Radmarathon, but sadly I had to go to a business trip and cancel/resell my grid spot. So I am looking for Options to experience this ride at home on my Kickr.

Has anyone experiences with these epic rides on a hometrainer?
I tried Rouvy which seems like exactly the thing I am looking for, but they dont have the route in total (not even in small splits). Wahoo RGT seems like another tool too, but here I have no real-world map/video which I can follow. And as I get it, I would have to split the ride into sub 100k splits?!

Is there another software/app I am missing that could offer this ride and have some decent terrain/video of the ride?

Thanks
Bastian

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Rouvy used to offer a route editor tool that would allow one to assemble longer videos from existing routes but appears it is no longer supported, but the article I linked offers an alternative. Alternately, Road Grand Tours (RGT) allows you to upload routes and use their 'magic roads' feature to animate the route.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

EdWiser

by EdWiser

Rouvy stopped the route uploads. As many people uploaded routes that where not sync’ed. well with the videos. RGT does allow you to create magic roads using a GPX file. But you need to run the GPX through a GPX route editor. To fix gps errors.
Such as this one.

http://stepwiserefinement.co.uk.s3-webs ... index.html

It will take time too create a good route that doesn’t have errors such as spikes in the grate and missing segments.

Conza

by Conza

Rouvy stopped that?

Can you still do a route uploaded; but with no video? Surely?

Or they canned it all? I mean, at least make it private to yourself - if I am happy with it not being 100% correct, so be it..
It's all about the adventure :o .