Upgrade indoor cycling roller training mat

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

oreiarias

by oreiarias

Good morning

I own a KickrCore and a Climb and a rather old Tacx training mat which came with a cheap training roller. Thing is I'm really disappointed with the grip. The mat appears to be thick and well made and definitely works well noise and sweat wise but the outstanding issue is the roller and the Climb start really moving around when I pedal soo hard and or put myself out of the saddle.
Surfing the net I saw Wahoo, Saris models that appears to work well. They are really not budget friendly though. Any experiences?

Thanks

ms6073

by ms6073

What about a cloth matt, that way you could attach velcro to the underside of the Core and the Climb which would adhere to the cloth fibers of the matt? Alternately, do what the rocker board crowd does and use a piece of plywood and cutout holes so you can run straps over the legs of the Core and the Climb. To answer your budget question, our trainers sit upon very inexpensive Yoga matts sourced from Amazon.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I just put 25kg sandbags on top of each leg of my trainer and that keeps it in place during sprints.

oreiarias

by oreiarias

ms6073 wrote:What about a cloth matt, that way you could attach velcro to the underside of the Core and the Climb which would adhere to the cloth fibers of the matt? Alternately, do what the rocker board crowd does and use a piece of plywood and cutout holes so you can run straps over the legs of the Core and the Climb. To answer your budget question, our trainers sit upon very inexpensive Yoga matts sourced from Amazon.
I placed this underneath the "basic" Tacx matt

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B00JLHD56Y/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

Thing is the adherent aspect is OK, but the matt itself sometimes wrinkle and it's very annoying when you're pushing hard

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Raimundo

by Raimundo

Can't you just use double side duct-tape, like the Tesa version for carpets you easily find at the DIY store? Unless you use the same space/area for stuff other than training... that is.