Garmin Edge App - Ultimate Pro Cycling Data Field

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

javier87gav

by javier87gav

Hi bikers!

I've created an app for the Garmin Edge devices and just wanted to share it with you all. It's a full screen data field in which you can find, in my opinion, everything you need to train or race with a power meter. If you don't have a power meter you can also use it, you'll find some blank fields but I think it's still useful. You'll find the app and more details in the following link:

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/7714 ... 17dde41eb3

The app is totally free. If you like it I'll appreciate 5 starts in the Garmin web page or even better a review!

Regards.
Last edited by javier87gav on Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jencvo

by jencvo

This looks really good! I'll give it a try this weekend

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

javier87gav

by javier87gav

jencvo wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:50 am
This looks really good! I'll give it a try this weekend
Thanks, I hope you enjoy it!

mrd

by mrd

looks great to me, i might be being thick but how do i configure the power field? are any other fields configurable?

thanks

mike

jencvo

by jencvo

mrd wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:14 pm
looks great to me, i might be being thick but how do i configure the power field? are any other fields configurable?

thanks

mike
You can create a new profile (or modify existing, but it's a lot of work to revert I think), then change number of fields to only 1 and select "Ultimate Cycling Data" as that single field and it will populate the entire screen. Make sure you only have 1 screen datafield

mrd

by mrd

thanks, i have done that but one of the boxes within the screen is supposed to be configurable. i know it is all technically part of a one data field screen.

Conza

by Conza

I reallllly wish Garmin will eventually allow you to configure field settings / profile via app at some point.
Le sigh.
It's all about the adventure :o .

javier87gav

by javier87gav

mrd wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:38 pm
thanks, i have done that but one of the boxes within the screen is supposed to be configurable. i know it is all technically part of a one data field screen.
Follow the instructions given in this video:

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

A 12hr time option would satisfy this old cyclist.

ms6073

by ms6073

mrd wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:14 pm
Aside from adding the data field to your Garmin's screen, 3rd party data fields are typically configured from Garmin Express by clicking on the IQ Connect pane then selecting the data field from the resultant list as in this screen shot from a DCRainmaker review:

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

ms6073

by ms6073

Butcher wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:20 pm
I like the OP's effort, but as another 'old cyclist', I would have difficulty reading that data field while riding.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

javier87gav

by javier87gav

ms6073 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:25 pm
Butcher wrote:
I like the OP's effort, but as another 'old cyclist', I would have difficulty reading that data field while riding.
Most important data is presented using big fonts (same as a regular Garmin data field) and colors. Data like averages, statistics, etc. in other words, that data you're not looking every second is presented in smaller fonts. That happened to me on the first rides, once you are used to the data field (2-3 rides) you know exactly where to find any metric at a glance. I've also configured my garmin so the background light is on all the time, the minumum brigthness is enough, that helps a lot.

mrd

by mrd

many thanks OP, i was trying to do it in garmin express or directly on the 830. Never thought about trying garmin connect. will have a play now. i have set ftp and removed background and font colour via garmin connect then synced and the changes have been saved. does look great, will use on next outdoor and indoor rides and report back ( 55 years old with deterioerating eyesight/ reading glasses .....)

mike

javier87gav

by javier87gav

Butcher wrote:
Your wish is my command, I have just uploaded version 2.3, the time format now follows your Garmin settings. If you have configured your Garmin to 12h format the app will show the time in that format. From now on the app is also compatible with edge 130 and 130 Plus also.

Another option is to train just from 00:00am to 12:59pm :p

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I literally train with 3s power, lap power, HR, cadence and time... Why would I need to see IF, kcal, TSS, etc midride?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com