Wahoo Kickr 5.0

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

LOWIEV

by LOWIEV

I got mine last week.
My previous was a gen2.
Big difference in feel and noise in comparison to the gen2.
The axes feet are awesome btw!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nonamed

by nonamed

Well I already read about some issues with new V5 Kickr... again looks like QC issues...
Two examples:
https://twitter.com/phil_jono/status/12 ... 5158137857

https://youtu.be/zp4QzBMu7ME

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

I've ordered mine, it wasnt available at Wahoo at the moment but i also hope i dont really need it very soon :)
Let's hope the faulty ones are not very common.

zhangd116

by zhangd116

I've got mine for about two-ish weeks now. Upgrading from a Bkool smart go it's night and day. It feels good to be able to do free rides at whatever wattage I like without having to worry about getting noise compliants from neighbors (I live on the third floor in a 120 year-old building and the Bkool sounds like a jet engine at about 200w on flats). That said, it's not "slient" as some reviews suggest it would be, if I ride in the big ring (which I often do) there's still a bit of "hum" and the included sunrace cassette is really noisy compared to my ultegra one. But anyway now my 20-inch box fan is the loudest thing in the room so all good.

I haven't felt much difference from the axis feet though. I am using the shortest/smallest feet and it's somewhat noticeable when doing some light sprinting but very subtle. I feel like a trainer mat would do the job just fine.

nonamed

by nonamed

zhangd116 wrote:and the included sunrace cassette is really noisy compared to my ultegra one.
Have You tried swapping the cassette? I really wonder If there will be noticable difference

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk Pro

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The SunRace cassette is garbage. It's a primary source of noise complaints on the Wahoo owners FB group. Toss it in the garbage bin.

zhangd116

by zhangd116

nonamed wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:41 am
zhangd116 wrote:and the included sunrace cassette is really noisy compared to my ultegra one.
Have You tried swapping the cassette? I really wonder If there will be noticable difference

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk Pro
I bet there will be a noticeable difference, I was using a 105 cassette on the training wheel before and it's pretty quiet. But I decide to keep using the Sunrace anyway since it's still quieter than my fans and I am just too lazy to deal with cassette xD

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

Just an update for those interested. I have my Kickr for 1,5 month now at it has been rock solid.
No issues, the power is stable (no need for a warm up period like my v1). I'm using the smallest Axis feet (68kg), it's hard to tell if there is much difference between Axis feet or not. If i had an older model i wouldnt buy them as an upgrade, dont think it's worth it. The kickr came with an 11-28 cassette, which i dont really enjoy riding on a smarttrainer so i switched it to an Ultegra 11-23. So i cant comment on the original cassette to be noisy, with an ultegra the Kickr is very quiet. Being a light rider doing my endurance rides at 180-190w also helps for being quiet.