PAIN Cave Set Up. What's Yours? Photos Please!

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kppolich

by kppolich

TonyM wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:18 pm
Why do you have a mirror in front of you? Amy special reason beside looking at yourself suffering LOL?
Mostly form work, knee angle/bouncing, etc.

fiber

by fiber

Less "pain cave" than it used to be, and more like a "forest of pain".. heck, should I ride on an MTB there..
https://fillari.blogspot.com/2021/03/fr ... tudio.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alex222

by Alex222

Here is mine, recently added a shelf
Image Image

fitty4

by fitty4

I'm not the owner, I wish though

sychen

by sychen

fitty4 wrote:Image
That's a stunning home office / pain cave... But not sure if I'll ever get any work done in there.

That said.. I have major issues with the power brick in the sweat zone... That's just asking for it. Don't care if it's a staged shot or not.

Also have to question the choice of a steel Colnago... Keep that sweat away from those beautiful steel lugs.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

fitty4

by fitty4

sychen wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:34 pm
fitty4 wrote: I'm not the owner, I wish though
That's a stunning home office / pain cave... But not sure if I'll ever get any work done in there.

That said.. I have major issues with the power brick in the sweat zone... That's just asking for it. Don't care if it's a staged shot or not.

Also have to question the choice of a steel Colnago... Keep that sweat away from those beautiful steel lugs.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Well it's 100% staged to sell his house, you're right about the power brick but I don't think Il Biondi does much indoor training and only the fork is steel, it's a c40 maybe his own from when he was active?

moonoi

by moonoi

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Given how much indoor training I do, a Stages Smartbike SB20 or evolution of that will probably end up in my garage. It just depends on when my Hammer or the cheapo generic bike attached to it fail.
I just went this route, love how solid it feels and how quiet it is.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Discodan

by Discodan

It's just a detail but the best $30 I've spent on the cave was recently getting an inline fan speed controller. It clips right in front of me next to the screen and lets me turn the fan on and off and adjust the speed infinitely. My fan is a big floor unit and even on the lowest setting of three it was blowing me out the door and was very noisy, now I can wind it back at the start of the session and turn it up as I get hotter

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/353623428951

Conza

by Conza

Discodan wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:43 pm
It's just a detail but the best $30 I've spent on the cave was recently getting an inline fan speed controller. It clips right in front of me next to the screen and lets me turn the fan on and off and adjust the speed infinitely. My fan is a big floor unit and even on the lowest setting of three it was blowing me out the door and was very noisy, now I can wind it back at the start of the session and turn it up as I get hotter

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/353623428951
Yeah dang. So even a general $40 big fan from bunnings I have. It has 3 settings, but you have to manually change on the unit. A pain. I have a remote that can turn the power on and off.

But this thing works? It'd work with changing the speeds - even though its set on the same one manually? If that makes sense? ;o
It's all about the adventure :o .

JURE

by JURE

fitty4 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:49 pm
do i see ADA wheels in the picture?

joeeboh

by joeeboh

Alex222 wrote:Here is mine, recently added a shelf
Image Image
Nice efficient use of space. This could be something I could do for myself, away from the more lavish setups we see here.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

joeeboh

by joeeboh

OnTheRivet wrote:I'm surprised how many people use their "good" bike on trainers. I made that mistake, after one broken carbon dropout I ended up building a cheap trainer bike that I leave on my setup. Also, no sweat corrosion on my pricey Dura Ace Di2 shifters.
Yes, after attempting to use my old colnago on the trainer and having the trainer take out paint from around the dropouts I will not be using my "good bike" on the trainer anymore.

It's just too high of a risk taken to damage the bike.

I believe some manufacturers actually advise against carbon frames on trainers. Not sure exactly who though

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

fitty4

by fitty4

JURE wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:42 am

yes

JURE

by JURE

fitty4 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:56 am
JURE wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:42 am

yes

Nice!!! and you have the PRO version with kevlar braking surface...realy nice wheel-set and great braking performance! and you also have a great pain cave set up!!!! :thumbup:

Best regards!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

fitty4 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:49 pm
I really like the flooring in that room. :mrgreen:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"