Keep getting logged out!

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Why hasn't this issue been resolved? It happens 9 out of 10 times on my Mac. No other site does this on a consistent bases.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Quite likely your browser has defective cookies stored. Manually clear the cookies for this site only, then try logging in again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MoPho

by MoPho

I keep having the issue too. Seems to come and go

IchDien

by IchDien

Me too, almost every day; often many times a day.

nmx

by nmx

Manually clear the cookies for this site only, then try logging in again.
Have you tried this?

CallumRD1

by CallumRD1

I'm having the same issue. Ever since the site update a while ago (Maybe a couple of months? I don't remember exactly) I need to re log in every other day or so, and sometimes I will need to log in every time I visit the site in a single day. It's rather frustrating. (I'm running a Mac on OSX 10.13.6 and Safari.)

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

I've already posted the more than likely solution: Clear the site cookies!

My browser behaved the exact same way after the site update. Cleared the cookies, logged in anew and haven't had to do it again since.

CallumRD1

by CallumRD1

MayhemSWE wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:44 pm
I've already posted the more than likely solution: Clear the site cookies!

My browser behaved the exact same way after the site update. Cleared the cookies, logged in anew and haven't had to do it again since.
Sorry, I should have added that I have cleared the cookies and the issue persists. In fact just a minute ago I came here and found myself logged out, having been logged in about 5 minutes ago.

nmx

by nmx

Can you please click here and re-try:

Info: Currently active log-ins @ starbike.com store will be logged-out and shopping baskets will be cleared!

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... ie_fix.php

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Cleared the cookies. Still logging out on a consistent basis :(
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

nmx

by nmx

- Stupid question, I know, but I must ask: You have checked the "stay logged in" checkbox - right?
- Have you specifically clicked on the link I have posted in the previous post for deleting your cookies?
- You are using the website right and no tapatalk? The problem occurs with the website? And which template are you using?
- Do only Safari users have the problem? Do you have the problem for a long time or since recent time? Probably since Safari published the "enhanced privacy" update? We will try to reproduce the error with a Mac device.

It would be great if anybody who has the particular problem could do the following:
When you are logged in right-click and click "analyze" (don't know the specific translated word) and then search the following:
Chrome: Application -> Storage -> Cookie / Firefox: Web-Storage -> Cookies
Please then make a screenshot and attach it here or - if you have privacy concerns - send it to me via private message. Then I can see all of your cookie details, unfortunately there is no other option for me to get this information. I have added a screenshot of what the screenshot should show.

Unbenannt.PNG

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

nmx wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:31 am
- Stupid question, I know, but I must ask: You have checked the "stay logged in" checkbox - right?
- Have you specifically clicked on the link I have posted in the previous post for deleting your cookies?
- You are using the website right and no tapatalk? The problem occurs with the website? And which template are you using?
- Do only Safari users have the problem? Do you have the problem for a long time or since recent time? Probably since Safari published the "enhanced privacy" update? We will try to reproduce the error with a Mac device.

It would be great if anybody who has the particular problem could do the following:
When you are logged in right-click and click "analyze" (don't know the specific translated word) and then search the following:
Chrome: Application -> Storage -> Cookie / Firefox: Web-Storage -> Cookies
Please then make a screenshot and attach it here or - if you have privacy concerns - send it to me via private message. Then I can see all of your cookie details, unfortunately there is no other option for me to get this information. I have added a screenshot of what the screenshot should show.

Unbenannt.PNG
I followed all the instructions stated above but still get logged off at a 50% rate. I use Mac with Safari.

TimothyLoota

by TimothyLoota

Not sure if its happening for anyone else, but I seem to be getting logged out more often lately, especially on my iPhone.

Macriot

by Macriot

having the same issue on my Mac and ipad.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JayDee81

by JayDee81

Tried all the above. Helps for a day or two, but then I keep getting logget out. Sometimes even without closing my browser after logging in! I use Opera.