Weightweenies website update, Febuary 2018

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

When I click on “Quick Links” the “New Posts” link (the one I use the most) is hidden behind the HOME tab...
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

oldturd

by oldturd

confusing.. i had the new template.. and now it's back to the old!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nmx

by nmx

@Calnago
Thank you very much for the hint with the bug - it has been fixed.

We just updated the settings so that users can switch the prefered template at the UCP. This option was disabled for several years now (long story) and hence roughly 5000 users have old database settings with the "old" subsilver template enabled. Those users will now have the "old" style. I guess this is what oldturd just encountered.

So, everybody who want the old style should please go to UCP -> Board preferences -> My board style: -> And then switch subsilver2

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok... I'm already getting used to it, and learning how to navigate quickly and efficiently. And I'm old. So that's a good thing. And I just hit the New Posts in the Quick Links, and it popped up in "front" of the Home tab... so maybe that earlier post of mine a couple back was just my system, or they've already fixed it. I think we will all survive.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

themidge

by themidge

Huzzah! The people have spoken!
By the way I'm fine with the new landing page, the old one was a bit spread out and the options were really small at the top (especially on mobile), but I honestly really really prefer the old layout and colours. It's just so pleasant and easy to use.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I will persevere through the change. Like any new software update (well, not all but most), there will be some things we like, some things we don't right away, but might get used to quickly (I think that's happening to me right now), and hopefully not too many things that are downright worse. At least it's not like your favorite water bottle cage all of a sudden won't fit on the new bike you're lusting after.

nmx

by nmx

Rich_W wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:43 pm
I have more than 30 posts in last 30 days... Starbike link won't work.
Have you visited our store, put something into the shopping basket and then there has not appeared a discount position? You must have 10 postings within the last 30 days (it is not 30, this is only displayed in case to reduce spam-registrations) and you must be logged-in at the forum while visiting our checkout. And this must be in the same browser.

I just tried by my own and it worked.
Attachments
Mcfk.JPG

Shmitt

by Shmitt

Definately this version of the site is better than some upgrade which was couple hours ago.
I do not see the reson to change site which work fine. Remember that better is often the enemy of good.

rajMAN

by rajMAN

:D Back to old style, thanks.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'm sticking with the new for now... didn't take very long to get used to it at all, but admittedly at first I thought "WTF is this, I feel so vulnerable and afraid" . Ha, but after a little bit of actually learning the changes, so far so good. Would like to see contrasting shades for alternating threads when listed however. That would make reading easier.

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Looks good to me. All is still legible. :)

Thanks for the update and keeping things fresh.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Yes! Back to old. Avatars on poster ID on right side of thread was hard to get used to.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

slake21

by slake21

nmx wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:04 pm
So, everybody who want the old style should please go to UCP -> Board preferences -> My board style: -> And then switch subsilver2
Thank you so much! :thumbup:

outnumbered

by outnumbered

I'd be happy to use the new scheme if it was less white and "in yer face". As it is I'm back on the old one and feeling much calmer..

oldturd

by oldturd

Guess we're all old people who hate change.. lol

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com