Voicevelo G Major - Any thoughts/experience?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

LucasFuglsang

by LucasFuglsang

Hi all

I have been looking a the Voicevelo G Major frameset distributed by Panda Podium: https://www.pandapodium.cc/product/voic ... -frameset/

But it's hard to find any reviews or mentionings anywhere, so I want to ask if any here was heard about the brand or even the model?
It seems really solid and a great story behind the brand and founder.

I hope to get some inputs, thanks in advance.
Have a nice day.

BR
Lucas
Last edited by LucasFuglsang on Tue May 21, 2024 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

Hi Lucas, there is a review up on Youtube by the gy who runs Panda Podium. Other than that, it prooves very difficult if not impossible to find qualified reviews of many unique desings of smaller brands. I tried to find a ride report of the Aurum Manto from Spain without success. Only press releases. The frame is nevertheless readily availble all over Europe.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LucasFuglsang

by LucasFuglsang

DrimeOser wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:49 am
Hi Lucas, there is a review up on Youtube by the gy who runs Panda Podium. Other than that, it prooves very difficult if not impossible to find qualified reviews of many unique desings of smaller brands. I tried to find a ride report of the Aurum Manto from Spain without success. Only press releases. The frame is nevertheless readily availble all over Europe.
Agreed and good point!
It is a solid review by Joe, even though he is being critic it's hard not to feel a bit biased. So I hope to get some thoughts from someone else.

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

I do think the G Major looks sharp and, I believe the production quality of many domestic Chinese frames can be super good. After all, most of the high end frames are made in the same factories.

The only thing that I would question is the R&D. Stuff like: How much real world testing has been done? Have multiple pros beeng riding the frames and been gving feedback? How good is the layup's design? How tweaked is the geo? I think for the bigger sizes, the geo looks not so ideal.

From the western p.o.v. the name and story around G Major of course does not follow the usual marketing routes but who gives a f?