New Aspero???

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

UltraXC

by UltraXC

I have a suspicion that Cervelo will be releasing a new very Aspero soon. Pete Morris on the TR podcast mentioned a new gravel bike launching in a couple weeks. His shop sells Cervelo, Pinarello, Santa Cruz and Enve. Pinarello, Santa Cruz and Enve all released bikes within the last two years. Plus, Asperos have been on clearance everywhere for the past few months.

Will we see a launch with GRX Di2 12s?
Last edited by UltraXC on Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Achase6002

by Achase6002

Confirmed. I was in a cervelo shop the other day was told a new aspero launches soon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Enve are due to release their new bike soon. could be that
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Matilda - Ti/Carbon Race TBC
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

UltraXC

by UltraXC

CustomMetal wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:27 pm
Enve are due to release their new bike soon. could be that
The Mog is only a year old. They dropped a bunch of new colors last month. I'd be suprised if they launched a new gravel bike. They are however in need of a racier road bike. Especially given they have a WT team now.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Yeap but the new one is meant to be an endurance bike to sit inbetween the Melee and Mog.. Can't remember the name of it but there is a thread on it
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg

rhender

by rhender

CustomMetal wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:01 pm
Yeap but the new one is meant to be an endurance bike to sit inbetween the Melee and Mog.. Can't remember the name of it but there is a thread on it
If that's true, that's so dumb. The melee is almost an endurance bike (compared to the rest of the aero race bike class it's competing with anyway).

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

The Fray. Think it's released this week
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg

fac83ajc

by fac83ajc

Was in my LBS recently, asking about gravel bikes including an Aspero, and was pretty much told a new one was likely due in next couple of months.

Now torn as to whether to go for a Scott Addict Gravel with 12 speed GRX, which should be available very soon, or hold off and see what the new Cervelo looks like. One thing guaranteed though is the Aspero will be a fair chunk more money for the spec of the new Addict Gravel 40.

RDY

by RDY

Wonder if they'll give it a slacker front end and more length. Van Aert suffered badly at Gravel World's on the sketchy stuff vs Mohoric or Swenson who were on bikes with similar geo to sightly older XC hardtails.

chmiel

by chmiel

slacker, longer wheelbase, udh, and internal storage. Most likely lighter. I think thats it. Which is fantastic!

magnusss

by magnusss

RDY wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:44 am
Wonder if they'll give it a slacker front end and more length. Van Aert suffered badly at Gravel World's on the sketchy stuff vs Mohoric or Swenson who were on bikes with similar geo to sightly older XC hardtails.
Mohorič at 185 cm used a size small (to get the stack low enough) Merida Silex with a 140 mm stem, so don’t think he had much of an advantage on the rough stuff.

magnusss

by magnusss

chmiel wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:11 am
slacker, longer wheelbase, udh, and internal storage. Most likely lighter. I think thats it. Which is fantastic!
So basicly a Santa Cruz Stigmata, or will the Aspero have more aero feautures and less tire clearance than the Stigmata?

Weltverloren

by Weltverloren

I sure hope it will - the Ostro Gravel and Kanzo Fast have been wearing the aero crown long enough in the gravel segment. Given that aerodynamics are core to the Cervélo brand (see S5), I'd be disappointed not to see some upates to the Áspero in that regard. Especially since geometry wise, it was always one of those gravel bikes that doubled perfectly as a road bike, where high speed aerodynamics matter even more.

RDY

by RDY

magnusss wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:45 am
RDY wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:44 am
Mohorič at 185 cm used a size small (to get the stack low enough) Merida Silex with a 140 mm stem, so don’t think he had much of an advantage on the rough stuff.
He clearly did if you watch the race. And even if you compare the 52 to the 56 - vs what he could ride in the Aspero - that's 38mm more wheelbase and 2.5 degrees less head angle. Even more WB if you compare the 52 to the 54. Or if we compare it to what WvA was riding (58), that's still 19mm more WB and 2.5 degress less HTA.

prj71

by prj71

IMO, the Aspero needs to be able to fit wider tires up to 700 x 45 or 50. That's why I didn't buy that bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com