The lightest gravel bike in the world! (on CRUX S-Works frameset)

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

TwistedWheels

by TwistedWheels

Thought I'd share my Crux S-Works build here. I've made a very detailed Youtube video about it with all the weights and mods I made to it :arrow:

I've hidden all cables inside the frame, had it custom-painted with Cerakote finish and modified quite a few parts, plus used some lightweight parts that were not released yet at the time of the video, like Bjorn Cycles gravel G-Rool and Garbaruk 10-44T gravel cassette.

The weight is below 6 kg (way below :shock:) including pedals, bottle cage and a garmin mount while having 2" tyres, 4-pot callipers, 160mm rotors, wide tubeless wheels, 12-speed Sram AXS groupset and even a bar tape :lol:

Check it out and let me know what you think or if you have any questions :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jdms2k

by jdms2k

it's an incredible build. thanks for making a video of it.

the wheel section was my fav :) I'm curious about how those wheels with carbon spokes ride on gravel

TwistedWheels

by TwistedWheels

jdms2k wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:39 pm
it's an incredible build. thanks for making a video of it.

the wheel section was my fav :) I'm curious about how those wheels with carbon spokes ride on gravel
I had one ride on them so far and they are great. Carbon spokes durability is yet to be confirmed as need to spend more time on the bike for it.

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

This is such a cool project! Even the internal cable solution looks well thought out. Just the rims seem dangerously light to me.

Most of all, I dig the ceracote color sceme with the pink decals.

TwistedWheels

by TwistedWheels

Thanks DrimeOser!

Broady

by Broady

Rad - Jack is an awesome painter, need to get my Feather booked in with him for a respray soon.

krzn

by krzn

That's such an awesome build, love it! Planning to steal some of the ideas for upgrading my Exploro.

Two questions:
- Can you turn the steerer 90 degrees without the rear break hose hitting the frame inside?
- Do the ultralight rotors work on prolonged downhills? They look like they would heat up quickly.

Congrats on the build!

kode54

by kode54

Nice build project, especially on using same fork by modifying the cable routing. Genius approach and should be adopted. If it was locally available, I’d do that to my Aethos.

What do you think about the lighter Elilee cranks. I’d replace my THM Clavicula SE with this so I can use a spider PM. Well done.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

stoney

by stoney

What an awesome build! Nice work!

Yoln

by Yoln

This is ridiculously good! One of the best if not the best built I've seen around here. Details, look, weight, customization, fully-functional and capable, everything is in there!

Just mind blown!
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

TwistedWheels

by TwistedWheels

krzn wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:12 pm
That's such an awesome build, love it! Planning to steal some of the ideas for upgrading my Exploro.

Two questions:
- Can you turn the steerer 90 degrees without the rear break hose hitting the frame inside?
- Do the ultralight rotors work on prolonged downhills? They look like they would heat up quickly.

Congrats on the build!
Thanks man!

Yes, i can turn the steer until the dropbars hit the frame.

Ultralight rotors work fine with Hope Rx4 callipers, but performance is much better with Shimano XTR that are just 10g heavier each.

TwistedWheels

by TwistedWheels

kode54 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:32 am
Nice build project, especially on using same fork by modifying the cable routing. Genius approach and should be adopted. If it was locally available, I’d do that to my Aethos.

What do you think about the lighter Elilee cranks. I’d replace my THM Clavicula SE with this so I can use a spider PM. Well done.
Thanks!

Cranks are good so far: zero issues, spinning well, looking good 😄 Planning on doing 3 cyclocross races on them in July so this will be a real test 🤞🏼
I like that they are designed for direct mount chainrings which makes system weight lighter than THM with 1x setup (and it looks better too).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TwistedWheels

by TwistedWheels

Yoln wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:00 pm
This is ridiculously good! One of the best if not the best built I've seen around here. Details, look, weight, customization, fully-functional and capable, everything is in there!

Just mind blown!
Thanks mate! 👊🏼