Help Me Spec a Topstone

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zillon

by Zillon

jfl wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:25 pm
Can't you remove the adapter on the rear caliper? That's what I did on my alloy Topstone and it works a treat. GRX 800 brakes.
Carbon Topstone caliper bosses are spaced out for a 160mm rotor - there's no adapter.
Road: 1990 Schwinn Traveler | 2012 Cannondale Caad10 | 2023 Cannondale Supersix Evo
Gravel: 2019 Blacklist Bikes 'Sacklist' | 2023 Cannondale Topstone Lab71
Mountain: 2016 Orbea Occam TR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justonwo

by justonwo

Alright the bike is ALMOST complete. I have all of the final parts installed except the stem. I was using a temporary to double check the dimensions. The bike is definitely taller than my road bikes. It'll take getting some used to. I may also slide my saddle back a bit.

Turns out the frame weight is way more than advertised in press releases and quoted by Cannondale. Quite frustrating.

I opened up some tickets with them with misc torque spec questions. They never responded after a month and a bunch of follow ups. Then I called them today. Pretty unfriendly and unhelpful customer service. He argued with me about needing torque specs and then told me they don't publish torque specs. That my authorized dealer would know the torque spec. They said the dealer would work with warranty rep to find the "most appropriate specs." Yeah right. I told him I work on my own bikes and he acted like that was out of the ordinary. Not loving Cannondale.
2020 F12 AXS Red (Zipp 353)
2021 S-Works Aethos Di2 9200 (Alpinist CLX II)
2006 Cervelo Soloist
2021 S-Works Epic
2024 Topstone Lab71 (Force/XX1, Terra CLX II)

Retired: 2014 and 2020 S-Works Roubaix
2020 Canyon Ultimate
2018 S-Works Camber

Zillon

by Zillon

justonwo wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:41 am
Alright the bike is ALMOST complete. I have all of the final parts installed except the stem. I was using a temporary to double check the dimensions. The bike is definitely taller than my road bikes. It'll take getting some used to. I may also slide my saddle back a bit.

Turns out the frame weight is way more than advertised in press releases and quoted by Cannondale. Quite frustrating.

I opened up some tickets with them with misc torque spec questions. They never responded after a month and a bunch of follow ups. Then I called them today. Pretty unfriendly and unhelpful customer service. He argued with me about needing torque specs and then told me they don't publish torque specs. That my authorized dealer would know the torque spec. They said the dealer would work with warranty rep to find the "most appropriate specs." Yeah right. I told him I work on my own bikes and he acted like that was out of the ordinary. Not loving Cannondale.
What torque specs are you looking for?

Try this: https://www.cannondale.com/-/media/file ... e-web.ashx
Road: 1990 Schwinn Traveler | 2012 Cannondale Caad10 | 2023 Cannondale Supersix Evo
Gravel: 2019 Blacklist Bikes 'Sacklist' | 2023 Cannondale Topstone Lab71
Mountain: 2016 Orbea Occam TR

justonwo

by justonwo

Zillon wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:38 pm
justonwo wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:41 am

What torque specs are you looking for?

Try this: https://www.cannondale.com/-/media/file ... e-web.ashx
Just the saddle clamp torque. Finally found out through the warranty rep that it's 6 N-m. Not sure why they had to make the process so convoluted.
2020 F12 AXS Red (Zipp 353)
2021 S-Works Aethos Di2 9200 (Alpinist CLX II)
2006 Cervelo Soloist
2021 S-Works Epic
2024 Topstone Lab71 (Force/XX1, Terra CLX II)

Retired: 2014 and 2020 S-Works Roubaix
2020 Canyon Ultimate
2018 S-Works Camber