Best gravel bike for 2024 (fast ones)

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

some good gravel frameset?

cervelo aspero 5
18
12%
bmc kaius
16
11%
vitus venon
4
3%
specialized crux
29
19%
trek checkpoint
6
4%
canyon grail
10
7%
factor ls
3
2%
factor ostro gravel
29
19%
ridley kanzo fast
10
7%
other?
25
17%
 
Total votes: 150

aeroisnteverything
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:43 pm

by aeroisnteverything

req110 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:43 pm
I am not much interested in TT bars on the gravel bike, but even if i was, this CP0039 cockpit is only available as 8cm long at most. Which is something what pushes you out of any downsizing considerations.
The pro version of it is 40 cm wide and goes from 80 to 110 mm.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/gear/bike- ... 02161.html

And if you are doing something long and flat on gravel (Unbound, e.g.) - TT bars seem like a no-brainer.

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



Sock3t
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:20 am

by Sock3t

The road-bike based gravel bikes always seem best to me: Ostro Gravel, Moog or Melee, and Roubaix.

Deihlos91
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:39 pm

by Deihlos91

I am planning to build also a fast and light gravelbike
My favorites are for the best price-performance as a build up with a frameset at the moment:
Budget max. 5k €
- Time ADHX / ADHX (Ready to paint)
- Pinarello Grevil (black)
Having a lot of others on my list..but the prices for the most wanted bikes (Factor, Enve etc.) are too expensive for the framesets.
Build up planned with:
Ultegra 12s Group with Magura calipers and Galfer discs
Easton Crankset+XCadey PM+Carbon Ti Chainrings
EXS Handlebar
Selfmade Carbon Wheels 35mm deep / 25mm internal hookles
Schwalbe G-One RS 35mm
Allround:
Elilee Blize XXE 24 Carbon Raw L Custom-6340g
Sunday:
Colnago V3Rs 22 (RCRD) 54s Custom-6890g
BW/Travel:
Cannondale Synapse 20 Hi Mod 56 Custom-7200g
Old:
Specialized SWorks Aethos Jet Fuel 56 Custom-6060g

Swannie
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:48 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

by Swannie

I'm also searching for a new, fast gravelbike with cable integration, my search is down to 3 options:

Grail / kaius and one no one has mentioned here and seems a great bang for the buck and a frame that can be customized => orbea Terra M21ETEAM, thoughts on this bike?

NordicSal
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:09 pm

by NordicSal

Swannie wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:47 pm
I'm also searching for a new, fast gravelbike with cable integration, my search is down to 3 options:

Grail / kaius and one no one has mentioned here and seems a great bang for the buck and a frame that can be customized => orbea Terra M21ETEAM, thoughts on this bike?
Those I know are riding it are really fast. It looks fast, and indeed a very good deal.

Agent041
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:16 am

by Agent041

Swannie wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:47 pm
I'm also searching for a new, fast gravelbike with cable integration, my search is down to 3 options:

Grail / kaius and one no one has mentioned here and seems a great bang for the buck and a frame that can be customized => orbea Terra M21ETEAM, thoughts on this bike?
I have Scott Addict Gravel, and its great on road as also off road

krzn
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:24 am

by krzn

JHeiro wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:46 am
Image
Nice RaceMax setup! Do you have more detailed pics of the cockpit? What handlebar is that?

Dasams
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:46 am

by Dasams

Sock3t wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:09 pm
The road-bike based gravel bikes always seem best to me: Ostro Gravel, Moog or Melee, and Roubaix.
I use my 2024 Canyon Endurace for gravel riding and have room for 40mm in the front and 35mm in the back. I know this isn't enough for some applications but when it is, it's great 👍
Gravel and Whine
Gravel and Whine

208
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:57 pm

by 208

Dasams wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:05 am
Sock3t wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:09 pm
The road-bike based gravel bikes always seem best to me: Ostro Gravel, Moog or Melee, and Roubaix.
I use my 2024 Canyon Endurace for gravel riding and have room for 40mm in the front and 35mm in the back. I know this isn't enough for some applications but when it is, it's great 👍
IMG_0156.jpeg
Which bike rack is that?

sigma
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 am

by sigma

208 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:19 am
Dasams wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:05 am
Sock3t wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:09 pm
The road-bike based gravel bikes always seem best to me: Ostro Gravel, Moog or Melee, and Roubaix.
I use my 2024 Canyon Endurace for gravel riding and have room for 40mm in the front and 35mm in the back. I know this isn't enough for some applications but when it is, it's great 👍
IMG_0156.jpeg
Which bike rack is that?
1UP.
Have a few of them. Bombproof.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

Dasams
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:46 am

by Dasams

208 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:19 am
Dasams wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:05 am
I use my 2024 Canyon Endurace for gravel riding and have room for 40mm in the front and 35mm in the back. I know this isn't enough for some applications but when it is, it's great 👍
IMG_0156.jpeg
Which bike rack is that?
When I bought my 1UP rack, I rarely saw them. But at this gravel race, they were everywhere.

208
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:57 pm

by 208

sigma wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:05 am
208 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:19 am
Dasams wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:05 am
Sock3t wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:09 pm
The road-bike based gravel bikes always seem best to me: Ostro Gravel, Moog or Melee, and Roubaix.
I use my 2024 Canyon Endurace for gravel riding and have room for 40mm in the front and 35mm in the back. I know this isn't enough for some applications but when it is, it's great 👍
IMG_0156.jpeg
Which bike rack is that?
1UP.
Have a few of them. Bombproof.
Buying one now. Looks perf

Salespunk
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 6:20 pm

by Salespunk

req110 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:26 am
Will Canyon allow you to send them old cockpit back and swap for longer and more narrow?
UPDATE: I answered myself by chatting with canyon rep. They told me that you have to order an additional cockpit, BUT they won't take the old back (as was possible in the past). They won't even allow you to purchase that without handlebars.

I see that Grail has UDH hanger. Which is a future proof that's ok, but the cockpit is no go.

Only few bikes has UDH by the way, one of them is Ridley Grifn.
FYI there is a UDH conversion available for the Specialized lineup including Tarmac, Roubaix, Crux and Diverge now.
Attachments
IMG_0787.jpeg

JHeiro
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:27 pm
Location: Finland

by JHeiro

krzn wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:52 pm
JHeiro wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:46 am
Image
Nice RaceMax setup! Do you have more detailed pics of the cockpit? What handlebar is that?
Please see this thread for details (pages 4-5): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=161793&start=45

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



req110
Posts: 901
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:23 am

by req110

Salespunk wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:37 am
req110 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:26 am
Will Canyon allow you to send them old cockpit back and swap for longer and more narrow?
UPDATE: I answered myself by chatting with canyon rep. They told me that you have to order an additional cockpit, BUT they won't take the old back (as was possible in the past). They won't even allow you to purchase that without handlebars.

I see that Grail has UDH hanger. Which is a future proof that's ok, but the cockpit is no go.

Only few bikes has UDH by the way, one of them is Ridley Grifn.
FYI there is a UDH conversion available for the Specialized lineup including Tarmac, Roubaix, Crux and Diverge now.
But they don't even reply to my query regards if they are going to sell the udh hanger mod, and for how much.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ SH 9270 / Roval Rapide CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

Post Reply