Best gravel bike for 2024 (fast ones)

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

some good gravel frameset?

cervelo aspero 5
12%
bmc kaius
11%
vitus venon
3%
specialized crux
20%
trek checkpoint
4%
canyon grail
7%
factor ls
2%
factor ostro gravel
19%
ridley kanzo fast
7%
other?
16%

Total votes: 152

TLN

by TLN

twoangstroms wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:36 am
What are recommendations for NorCal?

Not so much mud
Mix of trail and road (even in most gravel races)
Definitely needs to climb well (usually around 2-4k meters of climbing per race)
Some chonky singletrack, some sand, high-speed gravel descents but few big-hit
60-100mile races

I've liked my Ibis Hakka MX, but it's old and facing some challenges, and I'm curious about better gears, brakes, lightness, better fit (long torso, short legs)
I'm in NorCal and got 2022 Stigmata. Running IRC Boken on AG25 tires currently, works for everything around here: 8.2 kilos, which is pretty good for gravel with dropper.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

ultyguy

by ultyguy

twoangstroms wrote:Heard, in passing, the Throttle House guys talk about how Jeeps can backcountry or rockcrawl or etc etc., and thought maybe we need to start classifying gravel bikes in a more granular way. With tires treated like XC ski wax choices.
Yeah I also kind of think of things in these terms too. ‘Gravel’ is a massively wide possibility that you could be on near slick 35s in Vermont or 2.1’s in Kenya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

twoangstroms wrote:Heard, in passing, the Throttle House guys talk about how Jeeps can backcountry or rockcrawl or etc etc., and thought maybe we need to start classifying gravel bikes in a more granular way. With tires treated like XC ski wax choices.
Yeah I also kind of think of things in these terms too. ‘Gravel’ is a massively wide possibility that you could be on near slick 35s in Vermont or 2.1’s in Kenya, as I say ‘horses for courses.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

req110

by req110

Hey, i might gonna sell my road bike and position myself more to forests. I can't handle the risk on our local roads anymore.

I am either gonna keep my epic8, or build some gravel bike. But there is one thing i got totally addicted to... STORAGE. Man, the storage section in the downtube of EPIC8 is the best i've ever seen and i can't imagine having bike without the storage.

The question is, what is the best, acceptably fast, gravel bike with the storage? Is it trek checkpoint? Edit: damn, it does not have the UDH hanger
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ SH 9270 / Roval Rapide CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

req110 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:03 am
Hey, i might gonna sell my road bike and position myself more to forests. I can't handle the risk on our local roads anymore.

I am either gonna keep my epic8, or build some gravel bike. But there is one thing i got totally addicted to... STORAGE. Man, the storage section in the downtube of EPIC8 is the best i've ever seen and i can't imagine having bike without the storage.

The question is, what is the best, acceptably fast, gravel bike with the storage? Is it trek checkpoint? Edit: damn, it does not have the UDH hanger
Enve Mog would be a contender, despite being outrageously expensive and having bolt holes in the forks.