Installing eeWings // Chris King T47 // 68MM

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

KingLouie

by KingLouie

I am trying to install Cane Creek eeWings onto a Chris King T47 BB (68mm) and I am having trouble sorting out my spacing. I tried looking at the fit guides both on CK and CC website and based on what I think are my specs, it appears spacers are not required. However, when the cranks are on the bike there is a huge amount of space between the BB and crankarms. I do have the CK FitKit #5.

Please help!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2920/ ... 1632176325
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2920/ ... 1632265266
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2920/ ... 1632176325

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CamW

by CamW

Which Bottom bracket do you have? There are 3 different versions for 30mm spindles.

Which frame? I assume it is 68mm T47 from your description.

Which eeWings version? I assume you have the All-Road version and not the Mountain version?

KingLouie

by KingLouie

CamW wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:38 am
Which Bottom bracket do you have? There are 3 different versions for 30mm spindles.

Which frame? I assume it is 68mm T47 from your description.

Which eeWings version? I assume you have the All-Road version and not the Mountain version?
BB=Ck threadfit t47 30mm

Frame: 68mm

eeWings: MTB

CamW

by CamW

Threadfit T47 30X or Threadfit T47 30I?

CamW

by CamW

Regardless of which specific bottom bracket you are using there is no Chris King fit kit for your specific combination. If you have the external version you will need approximately 3.5mm of spacers on the Non Drive Side and 6mm on the drive side. If you have the internal version you will need approximately 5.5mm NDS and 8.5mm DS.

I think it would be useful if you could share the frame model they are going in as well.

KingLouie

by KingLouie

CamW wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:10 pm
Regardless of which specific bottom bracket you are using there is no Chris King fit kit for your specific combination. If you have the external version you will need approximately 3.5mm of spacers on the Non Drive Side and 6mm on the drive side. If you have the internal version you will need approximately 5.5mm NDS and 8.5mm DS.

I think it would be useful if you could share the frame model they are going in as well.
It is a custom frame. Are you looking for a different spec. Perhaps I can pull it from the frame drawing.

CamW

by CamW

Don't worry about it. I wasn't totally convinced you had the specifications correct but I'll assume you do. This is your answer:

There is no Chris King fit kit for your specific crank/BB combination. If you have the external version BB you will need approximately 3.5mm of spacers on the Non Drive Side and 6mm on the drive side. If you have the internal version you will need approximately 5.5mm NDS and 8.5mm DS. Just find some 30mm spacers somewhere and fiddle until the spacing looks right and you can preload the bearings properly.

kode54

by kode54

Fit kit #3. That should include a few spacers and the 30mm caps for the eeWings.

I have eeWings on three bikes. Moots Vamoots RSL disc, Jones mtb (mtb crank) and on my current disc converted Guru with Allroad crank. I used #3 fit kit and had enough spacers left over.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

CamW

by CamW

Again, this depends on whether OP has a Threadfit T47 30X or Threadfit T47 30I bottom bracket. If they have the external version then Fit Kit #3 might be close enough. If they have the internal version then they'll likley be short quite a few spacers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com