Upgrading Crux to internal cable routing

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

mathias720

by mathias720

i have now been riding my crux since the realease for almost 2 years now, and i still love it.
i dont see any need to change it for a new bike, but would love to upgrade it a bit.

i have always loved the clean look of internal cables so this is my biggest regret with the crux.

i saw the new GERA EDG frok from deda elementi and wanted to pair it with an exs aerover (as i love this for my road bike)
to make it more aero and race ready.
https://dedaelementi.com/gera-edg

only thing about the gera is the higher weight, would like to keep it lightweight aswell.
and the steep price of it aswell.

have anyone really tried it? ( i saw twisted wheels doing this on aethos and think its same process)

is there any other lighter fork options? maybe something from one of the already integrated gravel bikes that will fit directly to the crux ?

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

I don't think, there is a way to route cables through the headset of the Crux. The bearing is simply too small. I am not sure if the Crux would benefit from integrated housing as the frame construction is focussing on all interfaces being normal.

but, I guess likely Specialized will follow the market trend and integrate housing in the next itineration of the Crux.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

killerrabbit

by killerrabbit

To my eyes the lack of integration on the crux is a bonus.

TLN

by TLN

You can check our this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsgI6M5TXss
It's for Aethos, but it's similarly was not deisgned for integrated routing.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

Upcountry

by Upcountry

You're on the right track... I have really considered this on my Crux and the fork you linked to is the one that I would go with. I'm sure Columbus will offer a gravel version of the Trittico fork, but I doubt you'll find anything much lighter than the 500g Deda.

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

Is deda fork the only one with D-shaped ?
For CX use.

mathias720

by mathias720

1sanglier wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:16 pm
Is deda fork the only one with D-shaped ?
For CX use.
cant really find anything else.

other than finding something from another bike to use

Maddie

by Maddie

Ridley X-Night has a d-steerer fork. I have a complete and new set with thru axle, steerer bung and top cap. PM if interested.

mathias720

by mathias720

Maddie wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:49 am
Ridley X-Night has a d-steerer fork. I have a complete and new set with thru axle, steerer bung and top cap. PM if interested.
Can you send me an email to mathias7201@gmail.com

clarkywils

by clarkywils

If you’re looking for a lighter fork option, you might want to consider the Manitou R7

mathias720

by mathias720

clarkywils wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:10 pm
If you’re looking for a lighter fork option, you might want to consider the Manitou R7
what ?

stringbean

by stringbean

I did the internal conversion on my Aethos ( with help from twisted wheels) using the Deda fork.
Worked and looked stunning.
Got a sl8 and moved the parts across so had the Aethos frame just sitting there.
Was considering moving the deda fork across to my crux and yes it will work and will be internal routing but unfortunately you won't be able to get anything close to decent tire size to fit.
I think on the Aethos the fork could barely take a 30c road tire so NO the deda fork won't work with the crux.
You will need to find a D shape "gravel" disc fork not a Road version.
Hope this helps.

mathias720

by mathias720

stringbean wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:18 pm
I did the internal conversion on my Aethos ( with help from twisted wheels) using the Deda fork.
Worked and looked stunning.
Got a sl8 and moved the parts across so had the Aethos frame just sitting there.
Was considering moving the deda fork across to my crux and yes it will work and will be internal routing but unfortunately you won't be able to get anything close to decent tire size to fit.
I think on the Aethos the fork could barely take a 30c road tire so NO the deda fork won't work with the crux.
You will need to find a D shape "gravel" disc fork not a Road version.
Hope this helps.
it is said to have 45mm tire clearence.
this is a gravel fork
https://dedaelementi.com/gera-edg

TwistedWheels

by TwistedWheels

I've converted my Crux by modifying the original fork. Deda Gera was an easier option but it would have added 100 grams which I didn't want.

Check out my build video:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com