Gravel Crankset 160mm 2X?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Curious about chainline. I'm concerned standard road 45mm chainline will not have adequate clearance on a drop stay gravel bike. But it seems most gravel cranks stop at 165mm.

Any recomendations in 160mm 2x ?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I'm running Rotor Aldhu Carbon 155mm arms with a 'road' axle for my road bike and with a '5mm offset' axle for my gravel bike. Rotor's design is modular so one could use different length axles. I dislike Shimano and Sram's non-replaceable axle design. Aldhu Carbon doesn't come in a 160mm but the regular Aldhu in aluminum does. One caution to note- I'm not running Rotor chainrings. I'm using Shimano rings. I had a negative experience with Rotor chainrings. YMMV.

One other option is Appleman cranks. They are also modular like Rotor. You could pick any axle length and spider you desire. I have the Appleman cranks on my tandem (155mm on his and 145mm on hers). Highly recommended.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Thanks for the tip. Appleman looks really interesting. Many solutions there for people with fit challenges. The "adventure" spindle however gives a q factor of 156mm. GRX is only 151mm. This is for Mrs.Gib who is tiny, so that might be a deal breaker (though she might not have a choice). Rotor is wildly expensive for a bike that will be used 10 times per year. I guess I'll have to do a test instal with some of the road cranks I have lying around to see if dedicated gravel cranks are tuly needed.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

jemima

by jemima

Aerozine has a few cx/gravel 2x crankset models in 155/160 or 160/165mm. Carbon and alu.
Q-factor and other specs listed.
Curve Grovel ti.