Time ADHX 45 - A proper gravel ADHX

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

stalkersk

by stalkersk

I just finished the build, it's kind of what I had laying at home, just shifters and bars are new.

Rival brakes and shifters
Extralite Hyperstem
Pro LT handlebars
Sram Force wide crankset with 46t chainring and XTR pedals
3T Exploro ultra seat post with Selle Italia SLR Boost
Lightbicycle WR65 flyweight rims on Bitex hubs with 32mm GP5000S TR and 160mm Galfer centerlock rotors
XX1 derailleur and rotor 11-39 cassette.
Elite Leggero carbon cages

Full build with cages and pedals 8.08kg

njleach

by njleach

stalkersk wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:31 pm
I just finished the build, it's kind of what I had laying at home, just shifters and bars are new.

Full build with cages and pedals 8.08kg
Overall good weight considering deep wheels, Rival brakes/shifters, Force crankset and 2x 160mm rotors!

What is the ride quality like?! I'm currently waiting on my green ADHX 45 framset to come in!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stalkersk

by stalkersk

Actually it's a bit harsher than Exploro Ultra or Ridley Kanzo Fast. But you can feel the long geometry so I think it will be easy to hammer down single trails and etc.

Edit:
Weight wise, rotors are 96g each and Rival shifters/brakes are not as heavy as you think, compared to Red set difference is around 48grams for pair and you can shave of 20g from Rival, using pads with aluminum backing. The single best part from red is the crankset, which saves some weight. Otherwise, it's a lot of money for a few grams off.

Rippin

by Rippin

stalkersk wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:12 am
Rippin wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:06 am
shiiiison wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:02 am
Update. Frame arrived state side and should have it in the next few days!
Nice! Post actual frame and fork weights please!
Frame in size 54 is 1205g with the all bolts for bottle mounts seat, clamp, hanger and rear cover for electronic shifting. I have removed the internal cable guide. Fork is 405g uncut if I remember correctly, waiting for the shifters to start building it. Thru axles are 74g in total.

Compared to my Exploro Ultra in 56, it's a bit heavy, since ultra frame is 1198g without any hardware and uncut fork was 439g. Time fork came at ok length so no cutting now until the fit will be dialed.

Just a mockup

Just confirming, is that a size small?
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

stalkersk

by stalkersk

No, it's medium, I pushed the size a bit for racier fit

ghdana

by ghdana

stalkersk wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:16 am
Actually it's a bit harsher than Exploro Ultra or Ridley Kanzo Fast. But you can feel the long geometry so I think it will be easy to hammer down single trails and etc.
Would you say stick with a Exploro Ultra or do you like the ADHX 45? Asking because my brake mounts are out of allignment on my 3T and not sure how the shop will do facing the frame :( I have my fingers crossed they can fix it because I can't take the brake rub. This is honestly the only other frame I have any interest in because of Time's reputation and I like that it basically looks like a road bike.
7.7kg Allez Sprint
9kg Exploro Ultra

stalkersk

by stalkersk

I like that the 3T rides more like a road bike, it has more point and shoot feel compared to the stable ADHX which has slower steering and the bike itself tries to stand up after you lean it a bit. I like AXS stuff and Ultra is a bit more tought out, there is enough room for 45c tyres when using front derailleur with standard Sram cranks and 46/33 setup, there is still room for 48/35 if you ever need something like that, compared to that ADHX 45 has longer chainstays and officially, for standard crank limit is 40c tyre. Jumping to 650b, I miss more than 50mm of clearance, as from the times I rode my Mason Bokeh on trails, that bike was veeery playful on trails, and the ADHX45 geometry should be closer to that. What rotors are you using on ultra? I had Sram Centerline X, Shimano RT-MT800 and now use Galfer Centrelock. The Shimano had the shortest life and rubbed the most after heat cycling. So far Galfers are perfect with a bit of truing.

ghdana

by ghdana

stalkersk wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:01 pm
What rotors are you using on ultra? I had Sram Centerline X, Shimano RT-MT800 and now use Galfer Centrelock. The Shimano had the shortest life and rubbed the most after heat cycling. So far Galfers are perfect with a bit of truing.
I've been running SRAM Paceline between two wheelsets and both the rotors look like basically new with probably 2000mi(of muddy gravel) on each. Have gone through 2 sets of pads though.

Facing the fork seems to have quieted it down, no idea how tf it got screwed up in the first place.
7.7kg Allez Sprint
9kg Exploro Ultra

Tilediver

by Tilediver

stalkersk wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:12 am
Rippin wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:06 am
shiiiison wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:02 am
Update. Frame arrived state side and should have it in the next few days!
Nice! Post actual frame and fork weights please!
Frame in size 54 is 1205g with the all bolts for bottle mounts seat, clamp, hanger and rear cover for electronic shifting. I have removed the internal cable guide. Fork is 405g uncut if I remember correctly, waiting for the shifters to start building it. Thru axles are 74g in total.

Compared to my Exploro Ultra in 56, it's a bit heavy, since ultra frame is 1198g without any hardware and uncut fork was 439g. Time fork came at ok length so no cutting now until the fit will be dialed.

Just a mockup
Hey Man,

Just wondering how the sizing is, I'm 5ft 10 and was also thinking about going for the Small which comes in around 54cm, how tall are you and are you happy with the size?

Cheers.

njleach

by njleach

Tilediver wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:25 pm
Hey Man,

Just wondering how the sizing is, I'm 5ft 10 and was also thinking about going for the Small which comes in around 54cm, how tall are you and are you happy with the size?

Cheers.
I'm 5'11 and have always ridden 54cm road bikes (supersix evo + tarmac sl6). About to have a medium size ADHX 45 built up with a 90mm stem - will let you know how it feels by comparison.

Tilediver

by Tilediver

Nice one, yeah the frameset looks amazing, really liking the new green and sand ones, please let me know how it goes with your build, look forward to seeing some pics. 👍🏻

Andy340

by Andy340

Time have ADHX 45 with GRX Di2 on sale and I'm likely going to pull the trigger on this but need to work out size as my current frame stack at 572mm / reach at 384mm mean I could go medium (564/381) with taller stack of spacers / 11cm stem or large (583/390) with no spacers and shorter stem - biggest difference in geo that I can't modify with fit is wheelbase ~ 1.5 cm longer on large.

I have searched Superbox DCR stack calculation but haven't found an answer to this question - what is the stack height to center of clamping bolts? Is this the Clamp height 47 mm (with topcover) on their website or is that measured to top of stem ( I did ask time but didn't get specifics). For my current 'classic' stem, I divide the total stack of stem by 2 to get this number but that won't work with this stem due to topcover & S- DCR cover: https://dedaelementi.com/superbox-bike-stem

Also, I'm going from Campagnolo Chorus 2015 mechanical shifters to GRX Di2 which look to be approx 1 cm longer than campagnolo from what I can find online. Has anyone gone from Campagnolo to GRX and noticed issues beyond reach of hoods in replicating fit from another bike?

njleach

by njleach

I have now finished building up the ADHX 45 in size M with a 90mm deda superbox stem and zero-setback seatpost. Pics are in this thread about halfway down the page (not sure why I can't post pics in the CX/Gravel forum): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=174558&start=15

Coming from a 54cm Tarmac SL6 also with a 90mm stem and zero-setback seatpost, the M frame size is spot on for me at 5'10.

The stack on the ADHX 45 is high so I will likely drop down at least another 10mm and maybe the full 20mm (accepting I will want slightly more comfort for longer gravel rides)

Andy340

by Andy340

That looks superb, especially with the Ergon split post - wanted to try that post but GRX battery might not like split post, so ordered a Specialized Alpinist with 12mm setback to offset the slacker seat tube angle on this bike.
I have an older Tarmac in 54 but need more spacers than I'd like on that bike (plus 0 degree offset stem) so went with Large ADHX 45 to get the stack height and can go with 90 mm Superbox stem (which is -8 degrees I believe) to get reach I need.

Andy340

by Andy340

Dialing in fit and will be wet for next few days so no rides yet. Packing was great from Time and changed out some things from stock (wheels, saddle/post & crank).

Went for large as I wanted more stack/longer wheelbase
(First time posting an image so fingers crossed - https://flic.kr/p/2pvTWwj)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com