Time ADHX 45 - A proper gravel ADHX

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

https://global.timebicycles.com/product ... 5-frameset

MAXIMUM TIRE WIDTH

700x32-45c Gravel Tire

650x50c Gravel Tire

That's a bit more like it (and some pretty cool paint jobs)!!

Geometry is a bit on the aggressive side for any chunky stuff though.

Ypuh

by Ypuh

A nice addition to the line-up from Time. This firmly puts the existing ADHX as an all-road frame, which was a bit too road-like for a gravel frame (which can also be a good thing if you just want a road bike with more clearance).

The ADHX 45 is more gravel themed compared to the ADHX based on the geometry table. They did increase the wheelbase with 15mm, chainstays with 10mm and lowered the bb by 4mm so it does give it a more planted feel. The main triangle seems to have stayed the same, but they did slack the head- and seattube very minimally.

Possibly they could've done more, but overall I'd say they stayed with a geometry that suits a lot of riders.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Knightyboy27 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:40 am
https://global.timebicycles.com/product ... 5-frameset

MAXIMUM TIRE WIDTH

700x32-45c Gravel Tire

650x50c Gravel Tire

That's a bit more like it (and some pretty cool paint jobs)!!

Geometry is a bit on the aggressive side for any chunky stuff though.
Pretty cool bikes and would have considered for my new bike but those slack seat tubes are pretty old school.

Andy340

by Andy340

I'm seriouly interested in this bike and was waiting for this update.

I posted this elsewhere but it does look like they used the same main triangle and modified the rear (longer chainstays/wider clearance) and fork (taller, more rake etc.) but by just eyeballing the increased fork height looks to have pushed geo up and back slightly (seat angle now 72.8 [was 73], similar change in head angle, bb drop now 71mm [was 74], slight increase stack/decrease reach).

I'm not sure if I would notice this handling wise but may wait for some early reviews etc particularly when used with 650b / 47+ tires

Solo77

by Solo77

Have popped some Terravail Rutland 650 x 2.1 in a sample frame... has reasonable clearance :D

shiiiison

by shiiiison

I have the gloss carbon on order. Very excited.

misteryellow

by misteryellow

shiiiison wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:14 pm
I have the gloss carbon on order. Very excited.
Awesome, please post pics..curious about the colors.
''Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It will add unnecessary complexity with little, if any, real benefit. Part of the beauty of this sport is the lack of hand holding & arse wiping.'' - ultimobici

rob86

by rob86

The gap between the downtube and the frontwheel seems very small for a gravel bike that you'd ride in mud and dirt.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Geo still too aggressive for my back sadly
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

shiiiison

by shiiiison

Update. Frame arrived state side and should have it in the next few days!

Rippin

by Rippin

shiiiison wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:02 am
Nice! Post actual frame and fork weights please!
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

To me it is a road bike with massive clearance. Albeit a slighly modified ADH. That was achieved also by lenthening the chainstays, the easiest way to do that. I cannot imagine that the bike rides real gravel that well. There are so many brands now that have developped progressive racy gravel bikes that work well on the road: Addict Gravel, Orbea Terra, Crux, Mog....

Now Time has a way of crafting bikes so beautifully. But, I think they might new another try to make a full-on gravel bike.

stalkersk

by stalkersk

Rippin wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:06 am
shiiiison wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:02 am
Nice! Post actual frame and fork weights please!
Frame in size 54 is 1205g with the all bolts for bottle mounts seat, clamp, hanger and rear cover for electronic shifting. I have removed the internal cable guide. Fork is 405g uncut if I remember correctly, waiting for the shifters to start building it. Thru axles are 74g in total.

Compared to my Exploro Ultra in 56, it's a bit heavy, since ultra frame is 1198g without any hardware and uncut fork was 439g. Time fork came at ok length so no cutting now until the fit will be dialed.

Just a mockup

shiiiison

by shiiiison

Mine just arrived.... and another fraembuilder just got back to me so I likely will be going in that direction.

If anyone is interested in a size MED (same paint as above) brand new send me a message. Save on taxes and some off the top.

Rippin

by Rippin

Thanks for posting the weights! Time makes such good looking frames. GL with the build!
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com