Shimano GRX with OSPW's

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

gravelginger77

by gravelginger77

i just installed ceramic speed OSPW on my GRX Di2 rear derailluer and the shifting is now noticibly worse. clunky, missing up shifts and hard down shifts etc.

has anyone had the same experience or know of any ideas to fix? i have checked everything so it doesnt make sense.

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

I hope this does not come over as cynical: But, as the OSPW offers little to no benefit in my perception, just go back to the old cage and sell the OSPW. You'll have equal performance and some money to spend. Of course, you'll loose out on the bling factor.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

Check the B screw…needs adjustment since top pulley is larger. You may also require a few more links since pulleys are much larger. The chain is probably a bit tight making noise.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Ypuh

by Ypuh

Check your derailleur hanger alignment first. Then reset the spacing between the upper pulley wheel and all cogs (+/- 6-8mm) and finally make sure your chain is the correct length. The OSPW transforms your derailleur from short/mid cage to a long cage so readjustments are to be expected.
DrimeOser wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:19 am
I hope this does not come over as cynical: But, as the OSPW offers little to no benefit in my perception, just go back to the old cage and sell the OSPW. You'll have equal performance and some money to spend. Of course, you'll loose out on the bling factor.
Great answer to a question that wasn't asked.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg