Specialized Crux vs Diverge

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Salespunk

by Salespunk

Have owned both bikes. Had the Crux first and then swapped it for a Diverge based on feedback from some friends. Was a big mistake for me and I want to go back to the Crux. Liked the fit better and the racier handling as well. The Future Shock doesn't do much for me personally. Would rather ride a full suspension bike if it is really that rough and if not would prefer the direct feel of the Crux.

ComeKnowMeAsGC

by ComeKnowMeAsGC

Dang, I might be one of the few who miss their Diverge after 'upgrading' to a Crux. Wanted something lighter, wanted something less sluggish, and wanted more of a 'one bike solution'...the Crux technically meets those criteria but I've found it to be too twitchy, I sit too high on it, and most of all, I can't get a good riding position...feels like my arse is constantly too far back to the BB or I'm too high up on the bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

ComeKnowMeAsGC wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:29 pm
Dang, I might be one of the few who miss their Diverge after 'upgrading' to a Crux. Wanted something lighter, wanted something less sluggish, and wanted more of a 'one bike solution'...the Crux technically meets those criteria but I've found it to be too twitchy, I sit too high on it, and most of all, I can't get a good riding position...feels like my arse is constantly too far back to the BB or I'm too high up on the bike.
Understand how you feel. Have had Diverges and testrode a Crux. For just gravel I like the Diverge more.

BenSiskri

by BenSiskri

Looking at both of these, and as I'm a normal person, and not racing then the Diverge looks to be a far better bike; a bit more upright, and the Future Shock helps for off-road, and the awful UK roads.
Trek Crockett 4
Giant TCR Advanced 3

Spartan01

by Spartan01

Does anyone have any indication when we can expect the next iteration of the Specialized Diverge? Or was that the STR back in October 2022? (I am hoping for an update with integrated cables).

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

While the Diverge might be due for an update in the near future simply because it would fall into Spec's product cycle, no chance for intergrated housing with the future shock. There is no way to make that happen technically. As the Roubaix was updated redently and it continues to have the shock up front, why drop it on the even more trail oriented Diverge? After all that is a big selling point for the bike.

la85

by la85

How much faster is the crux than the diverge?

A 9kg Diverge vs a 7.5kg crux. Apart from the weight difference where is the extra speed? Is it power transfer, faster to accelerate etc?

If the same rider rode both bikes over a 100km course with a good even mix of surfaces... how much quicker do you thing the crux would be apart from the weight penatly?

I have a diverge and want to know what I am missing out on.

Cheers!