12 speed narrow wide for cyclocross.

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

gkinning

by gkinning

I'm in the process of upgrading to 12 speed ultegra, but as there is no 46t Shimano 12 speed chainsets what are my options. Is there narrow wide? Or a 46/36 chain set about? The GRX 12 speed not due to 2024. Any help would be great

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

I've just ordered a Garbaruk 46t chainring from Bike24 although I'm using a SRAM 12 speed set up. It's compatible with KMC and Shimano HG+ 12 speed chains.

I imagine stock will depend on what chainset you're using.

robertbb

by robertbb

gkinning wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:27 pm
I'm in the process of upgrading to 12 speed ultegra, but as there is no 46t Shimano 12 speed chainsets what are my options. Is there narrow wide? Or a 46/36 chain set about? The GRX 12 speed not due to 2024. Any help would be great
You know for sure GRX12 not due till 2024?

There's heavy discounts on 105 11 speed and GRX 11 speed, that usually foreshadows a new product release. And both have now been spotted on bikes at events/trade shows.......

Anyway, +1 on the garbaruk N/W rings. I've used one on a set of GRX cranks with Shimano 12sp chain and it's been flawless. They also build-in a very thoughtful chainline offset on many of their models which does make a difference. Garbaruk are among the few makers that support Shimano 12sp and flat top road chains and they are very well machined and look great to boot. Blows wolftooth out of the water.

gkinning

by gkinning

I spoke to Shimnao UK and asked would there be a 12 speed chainset before september and they said no. Might be soon after but would like the bikes set up before season start.

Looked at the garbaruk chain rings and they seem they wil do, just have to decide on what chainset to put them. Thanks

ooo

by ooo

which cassette size are you going to use?
'

gkinning

by gkinning

28t with a 42t a the front.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com