Other shoes with changing cleat stavk height

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

mathias720

by mathias720

I had a femur fracture and after that my leg is abou 0.5-1cm shorter so in need of a different stack on my right leg.
I have had this on my road shoes (s-works torch)
But is there any other mtb/gravel shoes where this is possible other than the new s-works recon,

Would like something a bit wider as my torch road is on the narrow side, and the new recon torch dosent come in a wide option. only recon adv, where it dosent seem possible to change stack

Any other options than going with the recon torch?
Or maybe a torch road in wide and use a adapter

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eeney

by eeney

I may be misundestanding the question, but if you're looking for cleat shims then search for "FORM MTB Leg Length Shim" they're from Form but have distributors in different countries.

I use these to get 6mm stack on my Bont MTB shoes to manage a functional leg length difference, maintains the 'easy to walk in' benefit of the MTB shoes.

To give credit, I didn't find these myself, found them through Road Cycling Academy videos

mathias720

by mathias720

eeney wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:25 pm
I may be misundestanding the question, but if you're looking for cleat shims then search for "FORM MTB Leg Length Shim" they're from Form but have distributors in different countries.

I use these to get 6mm stack on my Bont MTB shoes to manage a functional leg length difference, maintains the 'easy to walk in' benefit of the MTB shoes.

To give credit, I didn't find these myself, found them through Road Cycling Academy videos
i just found these aswell. and looked pretty nice. do you find them the same as your shoes was before ?

eeney

by eeney

Similar to walk in.

On my road shoes I have 9mm of shims with Speedplay cleats. With these I have 6mm with SPDs, it feels very similar.

On my SPD shoes they are easy enough to walk, almost the same as the SPD shoes without the shims, so I'm happy with them.