Is Ritchey Swiss Cross a valid choice and sizing

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

BobbyAamand

by BobbyAamand

I curretnly have a Bombtrack Audax 2021 and am looking to increase the fleet to two bikes.

The Audax is currently set up as a bikepacking/bad weather/commuter with 650bx47, full fenders and dynamo lights. I want to add a fast, somewhat light and most of all fun allroad bike to do 70/30 paved/gravel and so far I have a keen eye on the Ritchey Swiss Cross. I like the looks and the Tom Ritchey is really inspiring in terms of joy of riding and designing great do it all bikes.

Is there any other framesets I should be considering? I'm based in Denmark so UK framesets are not really a competitive option.

Also I'm a bit in doubt about the sizing. I ride the Audax in a size medium an is experimenting between 80, 90 and 100 mm stem with 70 mm reach handlebars slammed all the way. 170mm cranks.

My measuments are:

Height 173
Inseam 79.5
Armspan 170

If my math is correct the Swiss Cross size M have 4mm less reach at the same stack height. So I am leaning towards that. Does anyone have experience with or input on the sizing?

And a pic of the Bomtrack in it's current state though with 700cx32 for some fun day riding.

jemima

by jemima

M size wishbone-stay Veloci Disko-King is 384/570 with 420mm chainstay. 700x40mm+
Think that Ritchey chainstay length will make the bike ride/feel not as lively in the rear.

Have seen the Veloci frameset available in the odd German shop in the past.
Curve Grovel ti.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BobbyAamand

by BobbyAamand

jemima wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 9:35 am
M size wishbone-stay Veloci Disko-King is 384/570 with 420mm chainstay. 700x40mm+
Think that Ritchey chainstay length will make the bike ride/feel not as lively in the rear.

Have seen the Veloci frameset available in the odd German shop in the past.
Thats a cool looking bike. Will defintely check it out more closely.

Does anyone have experience with the swiss cross in regards to the backend being less snappy?