Is Ritchey Swiss Cross a valid choice and sizing

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

BobbyAamand

by BobbyAamand

I curretnly have a Bombtrack Audax 2021 and am looking to increase the fleet to two bikes.

The Audax is currently set up as a bikepacking/bad weather/commuter with 650bx47, full fenders and dynamo lights. I want to add a fast, somewhat light and most of all fun allroad bike to do 70/30 paved/gravel and so far I have a keen eye on the Ritchey Swiss Cross. I like the looks and the Tom Ritchey is really inspiring in terms of joy of riding and designing great do it all bikes.

Is there any other framesets I should be considering? I'm based in Denmark so UK framesets are not really a competitive option.

Also I'm a bit in doubt about the sizing. I ride the Audax in a size medium an is experimenting between 80, 90 and 100 mm stem with 70 mm reach handlebars slammed all the way. 170mm cranks.

My measuments are:

Height 173
Inseam 79.5
Armspan 170

If my math is correct the Swiss Cross size M have 4mm less reach at the same stack height. So I am leaning towards that. Does anyone have experience with or input on the sizing?

And a pic of the Bomtrack in it's current state though with 700cx32 for some fun day riding.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jemima

by jemima

M size wishbone-stay Veloci Disko-King is 384/570 with 420mm chainstay. 700x40mm+
Think that Ritchey chainstay length will make the bike ride/feel not as lively in the rear.

Have seen the Veloci frameset available in the odd German shop in the past.
Curve Grovel ti.

BobbyAamand

by BobbyAamand

jemima wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 9:35 am
M size wishbone-stay Veloci Disko-King is 384/570 with 420mm chainstay. 700x40mm+
Think that Ritchey chainstay length will make the bike ride/feel not as lively in the rear.

Have seen the Veloci frameset available in the odd German shop in the past.
Thats a cool looking bike. Will defintely check it out more closely.

Does anyone have experience with the swiss cross in regards to the backend being less snappy?