2024 Canyon Grail

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Better not be delayed... Now a new Endurace is on the cards all of a sudden though

centaur4608

by centaur4608

Canyon start to make discount on the current Grail. The new will come soon I guess

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

smartyiak

by smartyiak

centaur4608 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:37 am
Canyon start to make discount on the current Grail. The new will come soon I guess
The Grail has been on sale for months, so I'm not sure that's indicative of any impending release date.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

What @centaur4608 meant is that Canyon discounted some Grail models even further than before. The previous discounts didn't seem to move the needle. The CF SL models have been in stock for months.

In any case, it's unlikely that we'll see a release before that stock is depleted.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

centaur4608

by centaur4608

Yes you're probably right. Still have to wait again

smartyiak

by smartyiak

thirdsun wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:15 pm
What @centaur4608 meant is that Canyon discounted some Grail models even further than before. The previous discounts didn't seem to move the needle. The CF SL models have been in stock for months.

In any case, it's unlikely that we'll see a release before that stock is depleted.
Not that anyone know for sure, but is Canyon really waiting to deplete inventory....or do you think there's a design or mfg. problem?

I mean, unless they're gonna discount it >50%, I don't see anyone (me :D ) who's waiting to see what the new one has to offer buying the current one. More likely just wander over to another brand like Lauf or Rose.

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

Yeah, I also think if Canyon has a large stock of the Grail, it will be difficult to deplete. It is a bit of a dated bike with narrow tire clearance and the bar layout has seen its time as a hype feature.
Here in Munich, Germany, Grails were all over the place like 2-3 years ago. Now they become less and less.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

smartyiak wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:08 pm
thirdsun wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:15 pm

Not that anyone know for sure, but is Canyon really waiting to deplete inventory....or do you think there's a design or mfg. problem?

I mean, unless they're gonna discount it >50%, I don't see anyone (me :D ) who's waiting to see what the new one has to offer buying the current one. More likely just wander over to another brand like Lauf or Rose.
I mean it's still a great bike if the cockpit fits you. I ride one myself and while I think the cockpit design wasn't necessary it doesn't harm the bike in any way - it's very comfortable.

I think the current CF SL 7 eTap will sell quite well at the discounted price. Where else do you get electronic shifting, a great frame and basically DT Swiss GRC 1400 wheels (yes, I know it's an OEM variant)? That's a lot of value.

Plus, you can bet that the new model will be more expensive.

And yes, I'm fairly certain it's the current inventory that's causing the delay. Those current models seem to be in stock in almost all sizes. That's unusual for Canyon and tells me there's a lot of stock left. They also took their sweet time with the new Endurace and waited until the stock of the old model was depleted.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Per Carlos Verona's instagram post, it's due to be presented in october.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

Now it's a World Champion and still almost ZERO press...and, certainly, no release. <Shrug>

NordicSal

by NordicSal

smartyiak wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:08 pm
Now it's a World Champion and still almost ZERO press...and, certainly, no release. <Shrug>
Check the website tomorrow

smartyiak

by smartyiak

NordicSal wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:38 pm

100% will do! Thanks!

forklifter

by forklifter

NordicSal wrote:
smartyiak wrote:

without any announcement? Let´s see :)

NordicSal

by NordicSal

forklifter wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:43 pm
NordicSal wrote:
smartyiak wrote:

without any announcement? Let´s see :)
Maybe it's next tuesday haha

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.