2024 Canyon Grail

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Agent041

by Agent041

Roel W wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:35 pm
Petermeter wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:50 am
Am i the only one thinking, if the headset can be moved to the Grizl? Voila, no cables....
Et voila: Canyon launched a few new Grizl models today:
Grizl CF SL6 with AXS has semi-integrated brake hoses.
The fork has been redesigned: Canyon FK0087 CF Disc on the older Grizl versus Canyon FK0124 CF Disc on the new Grizl with cable semi-integration. Both still 1 1/4" unlike the 1 1/8" on the new Grail.
I'm now waiting for a new CF SL 7 with GRX600 double groupset. No integrated cables wanted for me.
If you are maybe interested, I am selling mine. Momentarely it is still at Canyon. The frame is being cexchanged. Size L. I am from Slovenia. If it will be sent to me, I will not even take it out of the box, and send it forward.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=72 ... 3333500657

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roel W

by Roel W

cerro wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:23 am
Grail and Ultimate got the same seatpostsize
The shape is almost the same but the seatposts are slightly different not interchangeable.
i went to the Canyon Grail launch event in Belgium; This was clearly stated in the interview with the product manager (the interview is on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/episode/0OIrms ... mSN4dTiE8Q in English)

StijnPiel10

by StijnPiel10

aldoxzx wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:36 am
Been a month - has anyone ridden one of these and have any new comments or thoughts?
Ive had it now since November, bit of a false start as it came without any headset bearings.... Anyway Canyon send those separately and got it fixed.
I had a SW Crux before this bike and the Canyon feels definitely less agile. The geometry of the frame is a bit longer so where you could really throw the Crux in/around corners, the Canyon feels build for faster and longer, more road-like gravel rides/races. Part of that will definitely be the weight difference, my Crux was c. 1kg lighter.
Only done 250km on it now, will check back in when I'm around 1'000km.
Current:
Road: SW Tarmac SL7 - 7.2kg
Gravel: SW Crux - build in progress

Pukutis

by Pukutis

StijnPiel10 wrote:
aldoxzx wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:36 am
Been a month - has anyone ridden one of these and have any new comments or thoughts?
Ive had it now since November, bit of a false start as it came without any headset bearings.... Anyway Canyon send those separately and got it fixed.
I had a SW Crux before this bike and the Canyon feels definitely less agile. The geometry of the frame is a bit longer so where you could really throw the Crux in/around corners, the Canyon feels build for faster and longer, more road-like gravel rides/races. Part of that will definitely be the weight difference, my Crux was c. 1kg lighter.
Only done 250km on it now, will check back in when I'm around 1'000km.
Would you share further impressions? I am between bmc, canyon and crux? The only thing the crux is very expensive…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StijnPiel10

by StijnPiel10

Only at 500km now, been riding my Tarmac more haha.

My first view still stands; it feels fast when you're on flatter roads or windy roads/downhills, but in the forest and on narrower paths the Crux definitely felt much easier to handle and more "playful" if that makes sense.
The Canyon was build for gravel racing so I think when the racing season starts towards summer I will love it more and more, but for now when my rides are more about playing around in the forest I sometimes miss the Crux.
Current:
Road: SW Tarmac SL7 - 7.2kg
Gravel: SW Crux - build in progress