2024 Canyon Grail

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

RoadDonk82

by RoadDonk82

I just hope there is a carbon model with a normal stem/handlebar. I currently have grail AL for a few months before I need to give it back and it's a perfect bike. Just make the frame carbon and take my money please.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

You can just change it out, because this time Canyon gives their customers presumably a normal round steerer so you can use whatever stem they want! Its revolutionary! /s

NordicSal

by NordicSal

I hope it's "significantly" lighter than my Endurace CF SL. Then I'm really tempted by it as a do it all bike.

Roel W

by Roel W

So this bike is the new Grail and the Grizl will remain?
All Grizl bikes with GRX components have suddenly disappaered from the site although they have been listed for a long time as 'coming soon'.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

99% sure this is the new grail, reason those grx models are gone is because a grx 12s is coming out soon

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

At an event this week and been riding with a few people on this bike and had confirmation that the clearance is 42 WAM, and should be released in the next few months.

robeambro

by robeambro

Knightyboy27 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:00 am
At an event this week and been riding with a few people on this bike and had confirmation that the clearance is 42 WAM, and should be released in the next few months.
FNLD?

42mm WAM is definitely on the narrow side and may not suit everyone. But I understand the need for not cannibalising the Grizl.

NordicSal

by NordicSal

robeambro wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:55 am
Knightyboy27 wrote:
FNLD?

42mm WAM is definitely on the narrow side and may not suit everyone. But I understand the need for not cannibalising the Grizl.
What does WAM and FNLD mean?

If it has bigger clearance than that, it might as well be the new Grizl.

AZR3

by AZR3

NordicSal wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:58 am
robeambro wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:55 am
Knightyboy27 wrote:
FNLD?

What does WAM and FNLD mean?

If it has bigger clearance than that, it might as well be the new Grizl.
WAM-Width as measured

FNLD is a gravel race in Finland

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Cheers. 42 WAM is perfect, not too much so it's still a racer with road tires

Tabe

by Tabe

:mrgreen:

No it's not a racer w/ roads tyres. To categorize gravel like one needs +40 tooth cassette and one by and to be pushing bike up the climbs and 47 tyres and all that....no. It's not global norm. :thumbup:

I saw Stetina and Vakoc had new Grail at the weekend shootout in Finland, FNLD GRVL that is, sibling race from SBT groups. Vakoc had one by and Stetina had two by, nice rigs. They both had Pirelli 40 tyres it looked too me, lightning fast hardpack course but not without quite much loose over marble or sharp small rocks and fast small rocky downhills. Maybe Ockeloen too but did not saw well.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

https://bikerumor.com/canyon-gravel-cfr ... e-spotted/

Just more photos and speculation...but some of the photos are pretty good.

Woland

by Woland

Knightyboy27 wrote:
42 WAM is a big miss, if true. Not sure what would prevent designing clearance for 45mm WAM. There seems to be a lot of clearance between the seat tube and the rear tire, almost Grizl-like.

This bike is on my shortlist assuming at least 45mm clearance. Now I regret not checking out the clearance in person at FNLD when I had a chance.

robeambro

by robeambro

Woland wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:30 pm
Knightyboy27 wrote:
42 WAM is a big miss, if true. Not sure what would prevent designing clearance for 45mm WAM. There seems to be a lot of clearance between the seat tube and the rear tire, almost Grizl-like.

This bike is on my shortlist assuming at least 45mm clearance. Now I regret not checking out the clearance in person at FNLD when I had a chance.
In general terms it's a case of keeping the lineup distinct. Had it had space for 45mm WAM or more, there really wouldn't have been much to differentiate it from the Grizl (other than concealed cables and no fork bolt mounts) and very few people would have opted to go for a Grizl.

As a person who has a N=1 bike I also don't think it's great, but until brands go back to having just ONE gravel bike in their lineups, we can expect the situation to stay like this.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

I dunno. 45 is better b/c: options. But, for me, I'd prolly not use anything wider than 42 anyways...Grizl says 50...but if I was using that, I'd prolly just hop on my mtb. With any luck, it will be like lots of bikes and will fit a bit wider than listed specs (maybe up to 45) in certain brands/models of tires.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com