Power Mirror saddle for CX and gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

vinuneuro

by vinuneuro

Anyone using the Spec Power Mirror saddle for cross or gravel? The reviews seem to be universally positive. I am only concerned about mud/dirt getting inside and it doesn't look the easiest to clean.
2016 Diverge Expert

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

I am running it and the top is supremely comfortable. Yet, the stiff base underneath has a harsher edge to it than the normal padded versions.

If you want your saddle to the absolutely clean, this one might not be for you. Mud spray gets into the 3D web but kind of falls out below.

vinuneuro

by vinuneuro

DrimeOser wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:16 am
I am running it and the top is supremely comfortable. Yet, the stiff base underneath has a harsher edge to it than the normal padded versions.

If you want your saddle to the absolutely clean, this one might not be for you. Mud spray gets into the 3D web but kind of falls out below.
Does the edge of the base dig in to your thigh or does it produce discomfort in a different way?

How is easy it to clean the inner web?
2016 Diverge Expert

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

Using the Power Mirror (2 S-Works and 1 Pro) on 3 gravel bikes-no cleaning or comfort issues. From what I can see, there is very little of the webbing that is exposed from below. As previously stated, you could probably spray anything that got in there out and it would fall below. I was initially worried the saddle might be "bouncier" on bumpier terrain, but it's just really comfortable for longer rides and no additional rebound from the design that I could notice.

NealH

by NealH

cycleboyco wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 12:32 am
Using the Power Mirror (2 S-Works and 1 Pro) on 3 gravel bikes-no cleaning or comfort issues. From what I can see, there is very little of the webbing that is exposed from below. As previously stated, you could probably spray anything that got in there out and it would fall below. I was initially worried the saddle might be "bouncier" on bumpier terrain, but it's just really comfortable for longer rides and no additional rebound from the design that I could notice.
Is there a reason to get the S-Works over the Pro other than weight?

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

Using specialized power saddle on my mountain bike, no issues whatsoever. Running Specialized power arc saddle on my road bike, also no problems. Cant see why a gravel or crosser would be worse then MTB. My MTB has seen so really narly mud, rain and offroad stuff. 0 issues.

Been loving the power saddles!

jacobeh

by jacobeh

Running the Power Mirror on my gravel bike as well and loving it - no issues with mud getting stuck in webbing and the extra comfort it provided felt a bit like switching to a tire with more volume (e.g. like going from 35mm to 38mm)

getthesand0ut

by getthesand0ut

I also use the S- works mirror saddle on my crux. I stole it from my Sl7 S-works. It is the most comfortable saddle I have ever used. No issues cleaning.

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

I liked it at Stetina's Paydirt, and it was the least of my troubles. But like a previous one, for some reason (hypothesis: chamois cream) it's the second Power Mirror saddle I've had that's now wrinkling and going soft in places.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

renoracing

by renoracing

I've had zero issues with mud/dirt combined with the Mirror saddles. I'm running them on most of my bikes, including my bikepacking hardtail, and ultra-distance drop bar 29er. Both have seen hours of riding and hike-a-bike through muddy and wet conditions with zero issues during, and they clean up pretty simply with a garden hose and nozzle.