New Specialized Sirrus - Unique Gravel Build?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

So after the patent details of a wild new frame shape came out a few months ago, Specialized have now revealed that it's actually a flat bar gravel bike as part of their Fitness bikes range.

I'm thinking of sizing down on this and installing a Future Shock Delete mechanism to get lower (similar to another WW member on their Roubaix). Swapping out for drop handlebars and electronic shifting to make a pretty unique gravel build.

My main wonder is, with the ability to replace the FS with something custom, I wonder if I'd be able to get the brake hoses to run fully internal...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Great idea. Go for it.

My blind guess would be it'd need some smart hack to get the hoses internal.

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

Hmm, might look a bit goofy. I think it's the top tube/head tube angle, just way too slack!

Volsung

by Volsung

In a L the HTA is 70.5. That's like half a degree slacker than normal.

Also of course it looks goofy. That's part of the fun, along with enjoying yourself on a bike from a brand that angers so many people.

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

I would be cautious about the geo: high stack and short reach/top tube. And, to make it a roudy gravel bike, 42mm is not that much of tire clearance. Spec claims 7.9mm of intended flex in the rear end, if paired with an alloy seat post, that will not make for an overly comfortable ride.

I have just built up a Diverge Evo with a Canyon VCLS leaf spring post and 48mm tires. Now, that is a pretty comfotable and assuring bike. The frame design of the Sirrus might be implemented to aid compliance for a real gravel bike, but I feel this very frame is intended for a different purpose.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I know Hambini went hard on this one. Personally I think it looks cool. As a genuine commuter bike with a little more comfort I like it.

maurice1

by maurice1

What is the point of that thing even? Suspension? This is even worse than their STR gimmick. Specialized has lost it. Why ever get this over an old diverge?

joejack951

by joejack951

The seat tube bottle bosses look suspiciously useless. That's a big frame pictured yet it appears as if a normal bottle has zero chance of fitting.

I think it looks better in the drop bar mock-up than the flat bar original.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

maurice1 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:33 pm
What is the point of that thing even? Suspension? This is even worse than their STR gimmick. Specialized has lost it. Why ever get this over an old diverge?
More comfort for commuters looking for a great bike without added special parts that needs more service. Think it's a great evolve of the old Sirrus Carbon.