Any inspiring gravel bikes out there?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

hwyix

by hwyix

Ibis MX hakka
1000 g frame
round seat tube
T47 threaded bottom bracket
standard headset

2x is easy because the seat tube is round ( not some funky aero shape that you can't mount a front derailleur on )

2x grx with road wheel set 32mm gravel king slicks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

Just that the Ibis is rumored to have zero compliance, stiff as can be.

hwyix

by hwyix

DrimeOser wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:46 pm
Just that the Ibis is rumored to have zero compliance, stiff as can be.
The only difference in compliance I ever really felt was in tires not frames. I have had this carbon wheel set on four different bikes. system six, topstone alloy, giant revolt adv 2, ibis hakka mx. All the bikes felt different from the factory with their factory tires and wheel set. When I put on my carbon wheel set with 28mm gp5000 tires all the bikes felt the same to me at least as for as vibration and stifnes when doing 50+ mile road rides.

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

I beg to differ: for example, I rode the Cannondale SuperX and the Spec. Crux back to back with the same tires on similar carbon rims and found the Crux to be quite a bit stiffer. The Crux now is still not known as an overly stiff bike.

Another example would be the front end of the BMC URS that I spent quite a lot of time on. The boxy fork made my wrists hurt quite a bit on long gravel rides and in consequence, I felt less secure on the descents after a few hours in the saddle.

But then, some of us simply don't mind a stiff bike or might even prefer it.

Woland

by Woland

I recently rented a Vielo V+1 for two days and had a blast. They may have some not-so-overpriced demo/display bikes available.

London9921

by London9921

Woland wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:09 am
I recently rented a Vielo V+1 for two days and had a blast. They may have some not-so-overpriced demo/display bikes available.
Will check! Didn't know the brand before, thanks for the suggestion.

The IBIS Hakka is a cool bike but impossible to get around where I live.

I've found a dealer with the Scott Addict Gravel in stock, size 58. Might be a strong candidate despite the proprietary steerer and seat post.