Gloves for warm endurance gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

robeambro

by robeambro

Hi all,

I have a few long gravel rides planned (including two "races" over 200k. Last year my hands got too warm so I rode without gloves and I got very uncomfortably bruised (mostly, broken skin) by the end. I also don't like riding with bare hands to keep them protected in the event of a fall.

As a note, I don't fully like mitts as they tend to roll down and constrict blood flow to my fingertips - but maybe I tried poor ones.

Is there a good glove that

- is possibly full-finger, otherwise really good quality mitts that stay up.

- could be used in 15/20/25c (so, extremely breathable)

- if it could be slightly padded that could be a plus, but not at the expense of breathability

- if it could possibly look good in an otherwise "aero road" outfit, then all the better. Frankly if there's a discreet looking aero glove that could do the job, I wouldn't mind.

voicycle

by voicycle

Sounds almost like MTB gloves might be the trick. Often very mesh-backed. I’m sure there are some that look alright!

I think the Rapha Explore gloves might also be a bit like this? I have the brevet ones which I like but suspect would be too hot for you based on your description, but the explore ones look more air-permeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

garbageman

by garbageman

Look at Specialized SL Pro Long Finger - lightweight, breathable mesh back with a thin, perforated Clarino palm. No padding.

robeambro

by robeambro

Thanks both, appreciated. If there's more suggestions keep them coming.

ComeKnowMeAsGC

by ComeKnowMeAsGC

Likely not the branding you're after but Fox Flexair Ascents and Handup Vented summer gloves are popular on the XC trails in the desert.

MAP1

by MAP1

I quite like my Gore C5 Trail gloves, minimalistic padding, mesh uppers and nice and grippy suede palms. I used them last year in Tuscany in 30c+ weather without any problems. The temperature range you describe should fit them nicely.

ms6073

by ms6073

Maybe not a popular suggestion, but check on Amazon as you would be surprised how many highly rated, low price, non-name brand options are available for all cycling disicplines. If name brand is the only option, then Giro's mountain bike gloves are always a good option.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Achase6002

by Achase6002

I love my spatz gloves. And with the flip out windshield can b used in alot if Temps

cerro

by cerro

garbageman wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:42 am
Look at Specialized SL Pro Long Finger - lightweight, breathable mesh back with a thin, perforated Clarino palm. No padding.
Agree, or POC Savant. Both really nice warm summer days

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com