2023 Enve Mog

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

Shame it's only available in beige

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stevesbike

by stevesbike

not sure I understand what the intended market is for this - as a racer, I'd take the Ostro Gravel or s-works crux over the Enve at this pricepoint. If I were looking for an adventure type setup, there are a lot at a substantially lower pricepoint that are even more adaptable.

markdjr

by markdjr

tmanley wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:58 pm
The aggressive downslopping TT makes the ST a bit short for tall people like me. Not sure if a 400mm seatpost in the 60cm frame would even work. Otherwise I'm intrigued.
Whats your saddle height?

markdjr

by markdjr

stevesbike wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:43 pm
not sure I understand what the intended market is for this - as a racer, I'd take the Ostro Gravel or s-works crux over the Enve at this pricepoint. If I were looking for an adventure type setup, there are a lot at a substantially lower pricepoint that are even more adaptable.
This is a more versatile Crux in my opinion and the Factors I have briefly ridden don't feel nearly as good as the couple of Melee's I have gotten to spin.

tmanley

by tmanley

markdjr wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:14 am
tmanley wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:58 pm
The aggressive downslopping TT makes the ST a bit short for tall people like me. Not sure if a 400mm seatpost in the 60cm frame would even work. Otherwise I'm intrigued.
Whats your saddle height?
91cm from BB to saddle

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

guyc wrote:I can see everything bar a price.
Do you need another bike? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

guyc

by guyc

alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:23 am

I do not. And I last bought a road bike in 2018!

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

guyc wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:

I m tempted…..however I ve put a temporary stop on bike purchases……at least for the rest of 2023. This of course does not the three that are already on the production schedule. Although one has been on order since end of 2020.

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

guyc

by guyc

alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:09 am
guyc wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:

I m tempted…..however I ve put a temporary stop on bike purchases……at least for the rest of 2023. This of course does not the three that are already on the production schedule. Although one has been on order since end of 2020.

A wise move I think. You have stellar bikes. Get those ridden more.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

guyc wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:
guyc wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:

I need to stop getting injured. Damaged shoulder currently, in addition to shingles. So much fun …..

Strava
Instagram

RDY

by RDY

It looks very ordinary and very expensive.

fizzaz

by fizzaz

stevesbike wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:43 pm
I've said this about every bike that Enve has released and I've only been yelled at lol.
RDY wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:04 pm
It looks very ordinary and very expensive.
This is kind of my point. I think they are good looking bikes and they seem to have some thought put in, but it offers none of the boutiqe-ness with a ll of the pricing. Like the new Rodeo labs that was announced - that bike has all the weirdness I would expect from a shop this size (I'd never buy one but that's beside the point). This thing is just like all of Enve's other road bikes or all-road bike.

Had they gone for something like "Incredible manufacturing, right here in the USA, and only a bit more than those normal brands", I'd think they have a market. This just isn't that and I don't what to do with it.

guyc

by guyc

alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:16 am
guyc wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:
guyc wrote:

I need to stop getting injured. Damaged shoulder currently, in addition to shingles. So much fun …..

Man - that sucks!

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

The one I have came a bit over claimed weight, at almost exactly 1100 grams, but that's a 58 which is not what the claimed weight is based on. You can see some of the prebuild pics and details here: https://www.fairwheelbikes.com/blogs/ne ... epth-look/ I'll be posting the complete build once it's done. I should also have a 54 on the scale shortly as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sigma

by sigma

I find this a pretty versatile offering and perhaps a better fit for what I want in a dedicated gravel bike. It's not a suprise however since Enve developed the bike riding exactly where I live and ride in Utah, but I think this is the first bike I can potentially race on around here (where you need at least a 42 if not more) and feel comfortable taking on a multi-overnight on a trip from Northern to Southern Utah. Don't love the color to be honest. The geometry is a nice compromise of the Kaius and something more adventure focused. I did not like the way the Factor OG rode (managed to get on one recently and generally really enjoy my Factors) and I think there is no aero benefit to it over say a similar MOG once you are north of the 40 size tire. The development team at Enve were out on this bike quite a bit last fall, so they really did quite a lot of testing on ride quality and handling on some pretty varied terrain in Utah fwiw.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8